What do "HB", "DW" and others stand for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
I assume that they refer to family members, like "SIL" must be "sister in law"?

What are some others?

Lee

As far as I know, DH is dear husband, DW is dear wife, DD dear daughter, DS dear son. You are right about SIL meaning sister-in-law. I don't know but HB might be husband.

I am waiting for all the loving husbands to chime in with some "acronymial musings".... And Dang Women does not count!

shannon in KS said:
"acronymial musings"....

Dang, Shannon, on the "rate a phrase" scale, that one's worth at least a dollar!

My dad was a coal miner who never quite finished high school, and my mother was a school teacher. She had a great vocabulary, and everytime she used a "fancy" word, my dad would rate it, as in a 50 cent word, 75 cent word, etc. I guess a dollar word would be worth $10, nowadays.

oooohhhh, there's more where those came from, and don't forget to tip your fav wacko Kansan (cha-ching) hehe! No, really, that is a sweet story, ahhhh family memories. :)
Constance said:
Dang, Shannon, on the "rate a phrase" scale, that one's worth at least a dollar!

My dad was a coal miner who never quite finished high school, and my mother was a school teacher. She had a great vocabulary, and everytime she used a "fancy" word, my dad would rate it, as in a 50 cent word, 75 cent word, etc. I guess a dollar word would be worth $10, nowadays.

mudbug said:
In Barbara and Maidrite's case, it means Honey Bunny!
LOL I hadn't noticed this post before today! You're right. If you hang around us long enough you might begin to think our names are Honey Bunny and Baby Doll! (Kind of like Jim Dear and Darling on Lady and the Tramp!)

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom