What is "Thanks?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh geez... how did I miss that, lol.

On other forums it magically appears within the text box when your mouse passes over it. And actually says "Like".

Yeah, I've seen the like button elsewhere too.

But is the Thanks I gave you showing up in User CP or somewhere?

No info on how this works yet.

Yes, it shows up just like karma. I now have one point. Not sure how this differs from karma except I lost over 12 million points.

What the heck is "thanks?" and who thought that was better than Karma? also, why did all the Karma we've accrued just disappear like so much dust? :(

You're asking the wrong person. I would like to hear the answers as well.

What the Heck is "Thanks?"

What the heck is "thanks?" and who thought that was better than Karma? also, why did all the Karma we've accrued just disappear like so much dust?

Thanks, Alix, but that doesn't really explain anything -- to me, anyway.
This feature will replace the older "Reputation" feature. The Thanks feature is a more positive and visible system for members to express their appreciation for your contributions. You will be able to view the comments in your User CP and, if you like receive a PM when you receive a Thanks.

As far as I recall, the "Reputation" feature did all that, and it was fun. Why fix something that wasn't broken? :ermm:

Yeah, I've seen the like button elsewhere too.

But is the Thanks I gave you showing up in User CP or somewhere?

No info on how this works yet.

No, no notification or anything.
Other forums I am on it shows up as a notification. Kind of a pain in the butt, because you need to click through them all to end the notification.

Is there still no notification for it? You just may happen to check your cp and notice that someone "thanked" you about a month ago?? LOL

Back
Top Bottom