What is up with the Youtube thing at the bottom of every page?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't even notice it until you said something. I never scroll that far down (below the posts).
I wonder if that's what has been bringing up a lot of "page can't be displayed" when I navigate the site..... Sometimes it's so bad I close out completely and reopen. And this is on two different PCs. It's like the site slows down and locks up on me. Usually that happens on sites with a lot of moving advertisements, in my experience.

Why don't you have it, Barb?
That's like when I mentioned an Amazon ad on the side of Portal, someone said they don't get them or see them. It may have even been you :LOL:
How could some of us get ads in our windows and others not? Weird....

I didn't even notice it until you said something. I never scroll that far down (below the posts).
I wonder if that's what has been bringing up a lot of "page can't be displayed" when I navigate the site..... Sometimes it's so bad I close out completely and reopen. And this is on two different PCs. It's like the site slows down and locks up on me. Usually that happens on sites with a lot of moving advertisements, in my experience.

I was thinking it was just my stupid computer today. I can't display the page once in awhile here every day, but today has been miserable, and I have only seen the you tube thing today.

I think it's a Google ad. It probably shows up randomly.
It's been there all day. Google generally doesn't throw that kind of ad up because it does mess with people. I've locked up a couple of times but not too bad.

Barb probably has a different ad blocker so she doesn't get it. It sucks to be real honest.

I just noticed it today too, and I've locked up a couple times. All I know is it better not be bringing all those hidden things into my computer, Mom just paid 172$ to get my computer cleaned out and I don't want to go through that again.

i have it... i just haven't really noticed. it doesn't bother my connection at all. I also have Wifi...
in the left corner it says its a google ad

Last edited:
I want Wifi.
We have sattellite, and 1/4 mile too far for DSL.
There are benefits to living in the city. I think internet is the only one though!

If this test turns into a permanent feature then there will be a way that each user can turn it on or off.

Back
Top Bottom