When I access the forum it goes directly to topics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gretchen

Washing Up
and not the usual list of "recently posted to topics". Maybe this too will pass but that was a nice list to read first with samplings from a number of topics.

Haha i can't actually even rememeber what the front page looks like!
As a student my internet is almost running non-stop so i just check new posts regularly on the RSS feed (which then takes me directly to the post)

Irrelevent reply sorry :P

Gretchen, why don't you go to the Home page and save that to your Favorites again? Sometimes if you clean out your cookies or Temp files it will adjust where you access the page. Give that a go.

there must have been some work done lately. i am finally able to login in to the home page url. for the past few days, i kept getting a root page, and then the apache content pointer page.

Is it "discuss cooking"--shows all the topics? That is what I am routed to after a blank page.

the pages i was getting didn't show anything about discusscooking at all. just a text root directory, which i didn't have permission to access, and a standard "software install complete" type of a page holder from the software developer.

today, i can log in as normal, to dc's home page, and search new posts.

Gretchen, is this the page you want to go to? If it is, then just add to your Favorites, or Bookmark or whatever it is that you do.

Something to do with your cookies I suspect Gretchen. Just for future, if you ever want to get back to that page and can't seem to, click Portal on the blue bar. That will get you where you want to be.

Interestingly I rebooted my computer and tried the link and it went back to the home page again. Saved again. We'll see.

Sounds like you could have some mal ware or spy ware or virus or something. Try running some cleaning programs and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom