Why is this happening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still having this problem. Any word on when it might be corrected?

Me too.

Another site I frequent did some sort of maintenance today and I was the only one logged on besides 2-3 other people. I felt like Will Smith in I Am Legend. rotf

Today is the first day in a long time I haven't had the problem. I haven't rebooted my machines or anything.
It must be playing havoc with someone else today, but because yesterday was murder on me.

OK, can someone having still this problem give this a try? I'm curious.

I mentioned that I hadn't rebooted my computers when my problem disappeared, but what I remembered is I rebooted the router.
My email program wasn't connecting. When that happens I pull the plug on the router for a few seconds, plugged it back in, and that works to get me connected to my email at its usual fast speed. Typically I can still connect to the internet when this happens, but everything is slower. Maybe my virus program messes with my email program too much for the email to connect.

I'm just wondering if rebooting the router gave me a new ISP addy (doesn't it do this?) and DC treats my computers more friendly.... Everything is working just great again today, too.

Of course, if you don't have a router, ignore this post ;)

OK, can someone having still this problem give this a try? I'm curious.

I mentioned that I hadn't rebooted my computers when my problem disappeared, but what I remembered is I rebooted the router.
My email program wasn't connecting. When that happens I pull the plug on the router for a few seconds, plugged it back in, and that works to get me connected to my email at its usual fast speed. Typically I can still connect to the internet when this happens, but everything is slower. Maybe my virus program messes with my email program too much for the email to connect.

I'm just wondering if rebooting the router gave me a new ISP addy (doesn't it do this?) and DC treats my computers more friendly.... Everything is working just great again today, too.

Of course, if you don't have a router, ignore this post ;)

And don't "fight" this system/order of doing this. A friend kept calling me saying - it's not working!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY, she did it in the exact order I stated and it worked.

Shut off/turn off/unplug in this order - computer - router, unplug same...wait at least 30 seconds then plug in router, turn on router, wait for 3 lights to come on and remain on, turn computer on. Solves a multitude of problems. Never thought about it though in this instance.

I shut off my computer, unplug the wireless router and the cable modem. Wait thirty seconds and plug in the cable modem. When I get 4 steady green lights, I plug in the wireless router. When that's ready, I turn on the computer. As stated, that solves a lot of problems.

Cool. There must be something to this then.

I've been having the problem of the cursor going into the quick reply window at the end of a thread since the upgrade and the rebooting process I described does absolutely nothing to help with it. It's a software issue, not a computer issue.

Whatever kind of issue it is, rebooting my router seems to have fixed it..... at least for now.

Someone once told me that your ISP addy can easily get classified as malicious and websites will know this. That you need to reset your ISP addy to fix the problem. I thought you had to unplug the router much longer, but somone else said it doesn't take long.

Either way, I'm loving not having things hang up or scroll around on me!

Back
Top Bottom