Best way to store grapes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let the big ones sit out for a few minutes and they will soften enough so they do not hurt.

I am so glad you are enjoying them.

I keep my grapes, & all my fruit as a matter of fact, in open plastic bags in the fridge.

I just find all fruit extremely refreshing when cold; just don't enjoy them as much if they're at room temp.

Oh, & I never wash them ahead of time, but wash them just prior to eating. I find that prewashing fruits & vegetables shortens their shelf life.

lulu said:
WOW! While I type this I am eating my second ever frozen grape! They are great...but next time I will only do the smaller grapes, the big ones are too big and hurting my teeth, lol

If anyone else hasn't tried this do....these are going to be a big help as a craving buster on my diet!

try it with blueberries as well, lulu. Deelish!

We freeze blueberries at my work. We use them for our Peach and Blue Skillets. I've never had it, but i've been told it's a nice dessert.

I havnt made it that much because it's usually done by the time I get into work...

Well we have this Bisquick pancake (i think) mix... i think it's called
mixed with brown sugar and milk... and cut up pieces of peaches in it.
We cook it in the oven for a while, till the top is solid enough to hold stuff on top. Then we put 5 or 6 peaches on top kind of in a circle so the ends it the edges of the skillets and the other ends meet in the middle. Then we put the blueberries in the middle where the peaches meet. Then it goes back in the oven till it's golden brown. Then we wrap them and put them in the fridge.
When they are ready to be served. They put the peach and blue on a new skillet and put it in the oven until it is hot, then they pour a peach glaze along the edge so I sinks down the side of the peach and blue and goes underneath it. Then we sprinkle on some icing sugar, and out it goes.

thanks. gobo. sounds kind of like one of those German apple pancake thingies only with peaches and blueberries. Does it get puffy when it's baking ?

Back
Top Bottom