Fresh Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've found some fresh dates at my local grocery. They are so much better than the ones I'd bought in the package and used for cooking. The price seems a bit steep $5.49 a pound and there aren't that many in a pound, but they are worth it. I haven't decided what we will do with them other than just eat out of hand. I also bought some shelled brazil nuts so they are great together, as would any nut be with the dates.

Thought I would bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

I just bought some Medjool dates today, sooo yummy! I usually eat a couple with a handful of almonds as a snack. I've also made some lovely banana date cookies that are super scrummy. Oh and another good snack is a banana mashed up with 2 chopped dates stuffed into celery sticks.

Any other ideas about how to use these lovely sweet little things??

Thought I would bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

I just bought some Medjool dates today, sooo yummy! I usually eat a couple with a handful of almonds as a snack. I've also made some lovely banana date cookies that are super scrummy. Oh and another good snack is a banana mashed up with 2 chopped dates stuffed into celery sticks.

Any other ideas about how to use these lovely sweet little things??

Ok, that does it!! Fire up the jet and come get me!! I LOVE Medjool dates, plain or with an almond stuffed inside....Please come get me!!!!! I used to get sick off of a date loaf candy that was made here at Twins Oaks....I'm packing now!! Hurry!!!!!!!!!

date bread

why couldn't u make date bars. gotta be a recipe somewhere. i have made them many times, just not so called "fresh" went to foodtv.com. they have several for dates. doesn't say what kind, just chopped dates. sounded very good by the way.

babe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom