Frozen strawberries and frozen Kiwi fruit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have frozen strawberries too, sizzles. I'm thinking of making sauce to pour over poundcake or ice cream. You could also make smoothies in the blender.

Sizzles, I would thaw them first for the sauce, but probably just throw them in the blender frozen for smoothies.

Sauce: thaw, add sugar to berries in saucepan. Heat on medium (?) and reduce until syrupy. Strain before using.

Smoothie: frozen berries, a little apple juice, a little sugar in the blender. Maybe an ice cube or two if you prefer your smoothie a little slushier.

I would turn them into frozen yogurt! All you need is some thick, creamy yogurt (Greek style is lovely for this), a pinch of sugar if you like and the frozen fruit. Throw them all into your food processor and pulse until they are well combined (but try to keep some little pieces of fruit intact). If you don't eat the frozen yogurt right away, place it into a freezer-safe container where it should keep for at least a week :)

sizzles said:
Thanks Mudbug and Piccolina, and here was I wondering whether or not to ditch the stuff! Merci.
You are very welcome Sizzles :) Never turf any food that can be eaten! Cooking it is way, way more funny and tasty!

my breakfast smoothies:

1 yogurt (plain or vanilla)
fresh juice (orange, cranberry, etc)
protein powder
handful of frozen fruit

Blenderize!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom