Health and Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Throw the banans in the their skin on the grill and let then cook for a few minutes (max 10), peel and eat- lovely creamy texture. You could also make a cut in the side and stuff with choclate cubes or buttons and rewarp or wrap in tin foil.

One of my favorite banana recipes is also a very simple one. Peel and freeze a few bananas, then chop them and place them in a food processor. Process with a little milk and a spash of vanilla extract for low-fat, healthy, and really yummy "ice cream." You can add sugar if you like, though I generally don't.

I would like to go to Caine's for that healthy banana split ... !!!

Not sure how much you are needing to eat, but if you need more ideas -- I made some weight watchers concoction the other day that was surprisingly good, and it didn't feel like diet food.

2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 mashed bananas
splash vanilla
dash baking powder
2 tsp good quality cinnamon

Baked at 350 for 45 mins in deep dish pie plate and served with a dollop of Fage. I promise it was really good!

One of my favorite banana recipes is also a very simple one. Peel and freeze a few bananas, then chop them and place them in a food processor. Process with a little milk and a spash of vanilla extract for low-fat, healthy, and really yummy "ice cream." You can add sugar if you like, though I generally don't.

Yes, that is a yummy recipe and the bananas are sweet enough so no need for sugar. I add cinnamon to the same recipe above. Very simple and enjoyable.

There is also a banana based cookie recipe here:
It's a Cookie World: March 2008

I didnt have time to read the whole thread so not sure if someone suggested this already, but a very healthy breakfast is to mix musli, yoghurt and some banana slices.

Back
Top Bottom