Interesting Lemon Link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of that information is on the link I posted on this thread, Lean Pocket.

Taxlady, that new avitar of yours is hysterical :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
She looks like she just ate a lemon. Who is she?

It's me. :LOL:

It was on a proof roll and probably never got printed properly. It's one of my "treasures" from my mum's apartment in Copenhagen. I think I was probably tired of having my picture taken or didn't like the photographer.

It's me. :LOL:

It was on a proof roll and probably never got printed properly. It's one of my "treasures" from my mum's apartment in Copenhagen. I think I was probably tired of having my picture taken or didn't like the photographer.

:LOL: Actually, it's adorable TL. Had you ever seen the picture before you found it in your Mom's things? I found a tiny baby shoe in my Mom's things when she died. Inside was a love note to me...her last baby. What a treasure it is, what a treasure she was.

Last edited:
:LOL: Actually, it's adorable TL. Had you ever seen the picture before you found it in your Mom's things? I found a tiny baby shoe in my Mom's things when she died. Inside was a love note to me...her last baby. What a treasure it is, what a treasure she was.

Thank you. I think it's adorable and hilarious. No, I had never seen it before. She only had happy, smiling pix printed. Looking at the quantity of smiling pix, you would think that baby was an alien. I liked finding some that prove I'm human ;)

So you can bring the tree indoors? I am curious to try that! How often do you water it? And do you have it in a 5 gallon pot or larger pot?

I got mine at a nursery last spring. I was told to not let it bloom for at least 5-7 years. At the nursery, they have one that is about 12 feet tall) and it produces lemons. I bring mine inside for the winter, out for the summer. I have several 6 ft. grapefruit trees that I put outside in the summer, in for the winter. I have them on boards with wheels on inside so I can move them around and I wheel them out on their "coasters" in the spring.

Yeah, bottled lemon juice has a nasty aftertaste. It's the sodium bisulfite?, bisulfate? anyway, something like that. I noticed the nasty taste when a friend used it in her hummus.

I buy organic lemon juice in a bottle and it's much nicer. It's not quite like fresh lemon, but almost.

Whenever lemons, limes, oranges, or grapefruit are in season, I buy a bunch and juice them. I freeze the juice and then zest the rinds and freeze that as well. (What are all these bags of icecubes?) I haven't noticed a bitter taste...I also will store my limes and lemons in a jar of water in the fridge...a friend from Greece did that..I change the water about 1x/week.

Whenever lemons, limes, oranges, or grapefruit are in season, I buy a bunch and juice them. I freeze the juice and then zest the rinds and freeze that as well. (What are all these bags of icecubes?) I haven't noticed a bitter taste...I also will store my limes and lemons in a jar of water in the fridge...a friend from Greece did that..I change the water about 1x/week.

I always save the rind from organic oranges and lemons, if I don't need it right away.

Do you realize that most of the citrus that gets shipped north is dyed? The fruit is picked before it is ripe so it won't spoil on the way. The dye is only allowed on the skins of citrus. It's a carcinogen. Citrus Red 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is probably way worse than dye added! The skin is soooo tough. I've always wondered if they are coated in wax too?? Probably don't want to know:)

I always save the rind from organic oranges and lemons, if I don't need it right away.

Do you realize that most of the citrus that gets shipped north is dyed? The fruit is picked before it is ripe so it won't spoil on the way. The dye is only allowed on the skins of citrus. It's a carcinogen. Citrus Red 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yikes, I used lime zest in my rice tonight.

Back
Top Bottom