ISO Mango Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
This is a fruit I don't have a lot of experience with. In the sale paper today the local grocery store has them on sale and I'd like to try out some recipes. Care to share your favorite?

Did you watch Iron Chef America tonight? The secret ingredient was mango you should try and catch the episode when its on at like 11 or 12 or something. Not only did they make food with it each chef had a mixologist to make cocktails for them.

Ohhh...thanks for the ideas guys.

ts188....no I didn't catch the episode but I'll try and remember to dvr it before I go to bed.

Ohhhh I watched it... I would LOVE to be a judge on that!!!! Lots of mango treats!!! I happen to have a mango too... that habenero mango salsa sounds wonderful!!!! Is it an easy recipe?

slice, grill, drizzle with honey or simple syrup

or

melt sugar in frying pan with butter, add oj, lemon juice and zests of both, add mango cubes and toss till warmed thru. serve over vanilla ice cream.

or

warm coconut milk and add simple syrup, put sliced mango over sticky rice, drizzle sweetned coconut milk over top.

or this one, tnt, and has had good reviews: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f19/buckys-mango-salsa-21970.html

Tonight's Mango challenge was awesome! That first dish the challenger put out was so inventive!
Here's the schedule for this episode:
AIR TIMES:

March 04, 2007 9:00 PM ET/PT
March 05, 2007 12:00 AM ET/PT
March 08, 2007 9:00 PM ET/PT
March 09, 2007 12:00 AM ET/PT
March 10, 2007 7:00 PM ET/PT
March 10, 2007 11:00 PM ET/PT
March 11, 2007 2:00 AM ET/PT

I love making chutneys with mango.
Here is Alton Brown's recipe for Mango Chutney

(I just always throw stuff together so I don't have an exact recipe - his is like what I would make but I have not used nuts before.)
:)

add it to a smoothie
------
MANGO LIME SALSA
1 lg Mangos, peeled, pitted & cut into 1/8" dice
3/4 of one lime, peeled & sections (I peeled and chopped)
1 jalapenos, minced
1 Tbsps white wine vinegar

Put all in pot and simmer ~20 min. If looks a lilttle too dry, add tad of water.

I served it hot over the Ahi, but also put a bowl out along side and the cold was very good also.
------
and here's a great sauce for Asian spring rolls

Mango Catsup:
1 C Mango Puree (or diced fresh mango)
4 T Major Grey’s Chutney
4 T Catsup
2 T Soy
2 T Champagne Vinegar
4-6 each Dashes Tobasco Sauce

Puree ingredients in food processor.

mango and pineapple cubes with cherries put into tinfoil with a stick of Cinnamon and rum or brandy, wrapped a parcel and put around the edge of a BBQ, works quite nicely too, you can Add brown sugar if you want, but it`s nice without also.

I love Mango, I make a salsa using mango, onion, tomato, jalapeno, cliantro, evoo, salt/pepper and serve it over grilled salmon.. Very good, my wifes favorite dish.

later

Oh wow you guys really came through. Thanks so much for the recipes.
When I'm working with an ingredient I'm not real familiar with I like to try out a recipe or two before venturing out on my own. Thanks again!

Sizz, a few I like:

Mango chutney & grilled salmon

Mango 'cocktail' - mix mangos, blueberries a few tbl of rum, add a sprig of mint and serve in a martini glass. I have a recipe somewhere, where you add pina colada mix & rum to the 'cocktail' mix.

Salad - mangos, berries, spinach.

Sticky rice and mangos. YUM.

Mangoes are so versatile, they go well with sweet as well as savory

I prefer the sweet and here is how I enjoy it

- Just slice it and eat it by itself
- Mango milkshake
- Mango Lassi (yogurt, mango and sugar)
- Mango Panacotta
- Mango Icecream/Kulfi
- Mango Chutney
- Great addition to fruit salsa
- I love to dice ripe mangoes and add then to trifles, custards, puddings etc.

I was watching Iron Chef last night....with a house full of company, so I missed details, but it was a mango competition. Most of it looked wonderful. You should check out the website to get the recipes.

I like to mix mango into my spicy salsa recipe for shrimp or chicken wraps.

I use fresh chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, jalepeno, lime juice, cilantro and a bit of cumin, salt & pepper. Delicious.

Yakuta...Just slice and eat
A mango milkshake
A Mango smootie

Back
Top Bottom