Juicer Tool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looked at Amazon. The least expensive one was $45.00. The most expensive one was $5,000.00. That is not a misprint. It is for restaurant use. You load up the oranges in a tube and it just whizzes them free of their juice. :ohmy:

Holy Christmas, Batman! Guess I got a really good deal getting mine at $3.99. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it, too.

Katie H said:
Holy Christmas, Batman! Guess I got a really good deal getting mine at $3.99. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it, too.

I'll give ya $4.50, plus S&H!

Care to sell it for $4.00? I would even pay the sales tax if it is applicable. :angel:

Not a chance.;) This little treasure is going to be in my kitchen for a long, long time. I love it. I bought it many years ago never thinking that it would become so important to me now. Man, oh man, arthritis in one's hands is just too inconvenient. To say nothing of painful.

I have one of those. It works pretty well. It's not so hard that most people will have trouble, but there are enough comments that it's too hard, that I have to assume it's a problem for people with little hand strength. It does not deal well with anything too large to fit into the bowl, like an orange. Tends to shoot juice out the sides.

This also works well, but you have to chase the seeds:
olivewood_citrus.jpg

I reach for the olive wood juicer when I just need the juice of one lemon.
I have 1 of these in wood and 1 in plastic.
I have the olive wood juicer I use for a single fruit.
I also have one similar to this for larger quantities of juice.
I have one of these in metal.
When I needed to squeeze ... I usaually grabbed a fork. LOL

Till my mom passed and I got hers. You can squeeze limes, lemons and grapefruit in it. Just squeeze and pour. Comes apart into 4 pieces to clean. I put a whole large lemon in it so you could get some idea of the size. I have never seen them in any stores anywhere. Mom had from before I was born so I don't know how old it is. I'm not sure what it is made out of.

img_1092814_1_cd24352abdc2f2578ec1153d10064cec.jpg

img_1092814_2_d2085fadc4a3d6414b630e632934f524.jpg

Last edited:
I have a bunch of Lemons to Juice..

Does this tool work?

Eric, Austin Tx.

I've tried almost all of the others, and this is my favorite, but I can see why it wouldn't work with those who have small, weak, or arthritic hands. I have what I call the reamer, that one GLC put, and it's fine for limes and seedless, as said. But easier is the one in this post. You halve or quarter (you can really buy them in three sizes, lime, lemon, orange, but I just have the lemon size and quarter oranges, and limes work just fine). The real trick is one I saw on some TV show, and that is that, contra-intuitive, you put the cut side down, thus turning the fruit inside-out when you squeeze. I feel it gets the most juice out, and you don't have to strain the seeds.

Today, I bought an OXO juicer, because I got wind of an America's Test Kitchen recommendation, and I wanted something to cleanly just produce a small glass of juice in the morning.

176882e.jpg

I must say, it definitely strips the guts and juice out of an orange half and cleans up very quickly.

I really like OXO products.

So do I. But they seem to have lost their way with some of their products. The original concept for their kitchen tools came about when one of the original owners watched his grandmother struggle with the old fashion all metal potato peeler. Her hands were arthritic and painful. So he designed a peeler that would be soft and easier to hold. He started to look at other kitchen tools and redesigned them. The OXO was the hugs and kisses for his grandmother. Now their tools are big, made of cheap materials and some are way too big for elderly hands to hold comfortably. Not all the handles are made of soft rubber like they were at the beginning. :ermm:

I have a lot of the original products. I have a paring knife that the handle is soft and just right.

Now their tools are big, made of cheap materials and some are way too big for elderly hands to hold comfortably. Not all the handles are made of soft rubber like they were at the beginning. :ermm:
I like OXO and I'd recommend several of their products... But... the above is valid.

I now have an OXO corkscrew that I've had for only less than a year, it's difficult to use and it's only a matter of time before it breaks all over the place. I bought it on their reputation and upon my past experience with their products, and I'm vastly disappointed.

I'd buy a backup right now if I didn't already have backups including the common single wing cork puller traditionally used in restaurants.

Last edited:
So do I. But they seem to have lost their way with some of their products. The original concept for their kitchen tools came about when one of the original owners watched his grandmother struggle with the old fashion all metal potato peeler. Her hands were arthritic and painful. So he designed a peeler that would be soft and easier to hold. He started to look at other kitchen tools and redesigned them. The OXO was the hugs and kisses for his grandmother. Now their tools are big, made of cheap materials and some are way too big for elderly hands to hold comfortably. Not all the handles are made of soft rubber like they were at the beginning. :ermm:

I'm not familiar with the original OXO products. I have large hands and they are now, sadly, the home to arthritis. I specifically steer clear of the OXO goods. They are too large, even for my hands.

I have a lot of the original products. I have a paring knife that the handle is soft and just right.

Hang on to it. Most of their handles are now being made with hard cheap plastic. I will gladly pay a few extra dollars for their original products. You know, I may just write them a letter of dissatifaction with their new products. :ermm:

It's funny how OXO came round from being the solution for the problem to becoming the cause of the problem. I'm outraged at how cheaply made my OXO corkscrew is, and how difficult to use. My other OXO products are not like this, and the corkscrew is my most recently purchased OXO product. Until purchasing it I would have uniformly recommended their products.

Maybe success went to their heads and they decided to take out the quality and put in the profit.

It's funny how OXO came round from being the solution for the problem to becoming the cause of the problem. I'm outraged at how cheaply made my OXO corkscrew is, and how difficult to use. My other OXO products are not like this, and the corkscrew is my most recently purchased OXO product. Until purchasing it I would have uniformly recommended their products.

Maybe success went to their heads and they decided to take out the quality and put in the profit.

The only way you are going to be able to replace any of the old design products is at yard sales. Being elderly, I was their biggest fan and they were always the first company I looked to for a new tool that I might need. Not any more. :ermm:

Being me I'll just buy a different brand next time.

In the mean time my best lime squeezer came from Mexico (cast aluminum construction), and of juicing lemons and oranges I favor my traditional dish type (glass) juicer that I got at a yard sale for about $1 or $1.50.

Who knows? Maybe OXO reads our forum.

Being me I'll just buy a different brand next time.

In the mean time my best lime squeezer came from Mexico (cast aluminum construction), and of juicing lemons and oranges I favor my traditional dish type (glass) juicer that I got at a yard sale for about $1 or $1.50.

Who knows? Maybe OXO reads our forum.

There is another food site called Chowhound. They have a forum and I came across the one about Oxo by accident. The original entry was "Is there any bad product that Oxo makes?" At first it was all praises and the subject is more than a year old. Little by little the remarks are showing dissatifaction with Oxo products as the entries become newer. The only good thing they are saying now is that their customer service is good. :ermm:

I'm familiar with their site (Chowhound). I don't buy the OXO good customer service line. I'd rather have a strong new product development and manufacturing line. In the former you have to fix manufacturing mistakes and make things right for customers. In the latter you make things right in the first place and customers are happy and don't need to complain or have things fixed.

The best product is one you'd never need to contact customer service in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom