Kayelle's Christmas Fruit Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This fruit salad is a tradition in my family. I made it as part of a brunch for tomorrow, so thought I'd share.

2 C. fresh cranberries, cut in half
2 C. cubed tart apples, sprinkled with lemon juice
1 C. pineapple tidbits, fresh, or canned
1 C chopped toasted pecans
3 C. mini marshmallows
1/2 sugar
1 C. whipping cream, whipped.

Mix the sugar into the fruit. Fold in the nuts and marshmallows. It can be refrigerated at this point till the next day. Whip the cream, and fold into the fruit salad. You may use Cool Whip if you must.:rolleyes:

This fruit salad is a tradition in my family. I made it as part of a brunch for tomorrow, so thought I'd share.

2 C. fresh cranberries, cut in half
2 C. cubed tart apples, sprinkled with lemon juice
1 C. pineapple tidbits, fresh, or canned
1 C chopped toasted pecans
3 C. mini marshmallows
1/2 sugar
1 C. whipping cream, whipped.

Mix the sugar into the fruit. Fold in the nuts and marshmallows. It can be refrigerated at this point till the next day. Whip the cream, and fold into the fruit salad. You may use Cool Whip if you must.:rolleyes:
Sounds yummy Kay. Almost an ambrosia. Does the enzymes in the pineapple break down the real whipped cream?

Sounds yummy Kay. Almost an ambrosia. Does the enzymes in the pineapple break down the real whipped cream?

Thank you MsM. Yes, if you used fresh pineapple the enzymes would break down the the whipped cream if it sat for any length of time. There wouldn't be a problem with canned pineapple however. I hope I was clear about adding the whipped cream close to serving time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom