Little Orange Souffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Little Orange Souffles

8 large oranges
1 tbsp cornstarch
2/3 cup orange juice
1 tbsp orange zest
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp marmalade
1 tbsp butter
4 eggs, separated
Icing sugar for dusting

Remove tops from oranges, scoop out flesh from base without piercing skin.

Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup orange juice. Add to remaining juice and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add zest, sugar, marmalade and butter, continuing to stir until thickened and smooth.

Remove from heat and gradually beat in egg yolks. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into yolk mixture. Fill orange shells 2/3 full with mixture and place on baking sheet or muffin tin.

Bake in 400 F oven 10-15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with icing sugar after removing from oven.

Don't recall when, who, where, but I have a big Yes written on my dog-eared printed out copy -- as, IMO, it was recipe-worthy :LOL: Saved it in my puter cooking files & this is what they should look like. Hope you likey. :)

Don't think there'd be a problem with zest... but you decide.

Wish I could brew some coffee & you gals could come over. We gravitate toward all the same goodies. LOL

Last edited:
OK, I'll bring the coffee and mish can bring the orange souffles and mud can bring some eclairs. Heh heh heh...and I'll also bring an appetite!

mudbug said:
and I will wear my Expando pants

Expando pants :LOL: Wait till I stop laughing for a clever reply. Just able to get back on. Alix, bring the Hershey's syrup, LOL. You gals always make me laugh. Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom