Strawberry Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Thought this was such a simple cute idea with lots of fruit possibilities (mangos, raspberries, blueberries) Thinking about a banana split boat :chef:

STRAWBERRY BOATS

Frozen pie crust
Strawberry jam or red jelly
Strawberries

Roll pie crust thinly and shape into boats about 4" long and 1" wide. Pinch ends together. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes on greased cookie sheet. Cool and spread jam on bottom of boats. Put strawberries inside boat. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.

Thanks. Me too Kaylinda. Think it would be a fun recipe for kids too.

Mish, kids would love this..you could even fill with some ice cream and top with fruit like a sundae..They would dig right in..I'll see if my girls want to get busy and we can make this one sunday for dessert...What a cute idea...

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
Mish, kids would love this..you could even fill with some ice cream and top with fruit like a sundae..They would dig right in..I'll see if my girls want to get busy and we can make this one sunday for dessert...What a cute idea...

Great idea, kadesma! A Sunday sundae. You just reminded me this is the last big summer hurrah, Labor Day weekend. Hope the kiddos will enjoy it. They could each make their own flavor (fruits, toppings), & we adults could top with mascarpone. Thanks again for the inspiraton.

Thanks Mish,

I will get the fixing and let the little ones choose what they want...They will love it..Mascarpone for the big kids..Yummy..I have some that has caramel mixed in it and I love it...Will get more and give that a try...

kadesma said:
Thanks Mish,

I have some that has caramel mixed in it and I love it...Will get more and give that a try...

You're very welcome kadesma. Let me know what the kids (& adults) come up with. Did you say caramel mascarpone! That sounds like heaven. Do you mix that together yourself, or does the market carry it ready made? Thanks kads :)

mish said:
You're very welcome kadesma. Let me know what the kids (& adults) come up with. Did you say caramel mascarpone! That sounds like heaven. Do you mix that together yourself, or does the market carry it ready made? Thanks kads :)
Mish, yes mascarpone with caramel...It comes like that..They were passing out samples on slices of apples at the market..It's really nice.

Sounds VERY nice. :) I'll keep both eyes open for that one (& the apple idea) YUMMY. Thank you.

Mish, the caramel mascarpone is called Dolce an Italian Caramel Cream, made by Mozzarella Fresca Inc. You can use it to fill cannolis, tarts, or as a dip fro bananas, strawberries, apples, top cakes, pies, crisps..

I also wanted to let you know I made theStrawberry cheesecake in a glass recipe you sent me...Sooooo Goood...Thank you

Back
Top Bottom