What do I do with a pomegranate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What does one do with 1 pomegranite? Just eat it? Never had one.

I tried that once - it was extremely bitter. I would not recommend it. I think that you can juice it or use the arils in cooking - although I do not know how exactly for either one.

I tried that once - it was extremely bitter. I would not recommend it. I think that you can juice it or use the arils in cooking - although I do not know how exactly for either one.

Problem with sugestion like this is in fact, that you tried it "once".

I eat pomagranats regularly 3-4 a week, or so. And if you buy them when they are not ripe, they will be horible, like any other fruit. But if you get them ripe and ready the seeds, or whatever they called are like dark Rubies sweet and tangy, very juicy, absolutely delicios.

Problem with sugestion like this is in fact, that you tried it "once".

I eat pomagranats regularly 3-4 a week, or so. And if you buy them when they are not ripe, they will be horible, like any other fruit. But if you get them ripe and ready the seeds, or whatever they called are like dark Rubies sweet and tangy, very juicy, absolutely delicios.

^This. I think the biggest problem with pomegranates is that so few people understand them, know what they're supposed to taste like, or know what to do with them. The pom industry has done a pretty good job the last couple of years of teaching people HOW to take one apart, but not so much with educating people on what to normally expect when they eat one, how to find a good one, or what you can do with it.

Well, yes, I did only try it once. And no, I really do not know much in the way of finding good pomegranates / ripeness and preparation. I was just offering my own personal experience to the original poster.

This is the problem with this fruit, just like any other fruit you are not familiar with. that
is I know about pomeagranates, because I live here a in california where we have alot of
them grown, but if you gave me a paw-paw there would be alot of people including me
that would`nt know anything about them. But to a person where they are grown down
in the south it would be second nature to that person. I was once given 3 gallons of
juice that I made jelly out it and shared with girl that gave it to me.

Juice of what? Pomogranate?
A lot of stores, especially, better ones, have produce people train to help. And they usually do well. Thing with frit at hand, right now the stores finally started to get ripe ones in. Last night I had couple of pomogranets that were exelent. Before they were all "green", but the ones last night were finaly absolutely wonderfull.

Back
Top Bottom