What else do you do with fresh cranberries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just found a recipe for a cranberry steamed pudding. It doesn't seem as heavy as the ones I remember as a kid. I may try it and if I do, I will pass it on if anyone is interested.

I just found a recipe for a cranberry steamed pudding. It doesn't seem as heavy as the ones I remember as a kid. I may try it and if I do, I will pass it on if anyone is interested.
Yes please ;-))

These are some great ideas, especially those wontons! I have some wonton wrappers in the freezer - just need some brie. Thanks y'all :)

:) If you dont have Brie you could use sweetened cream cheese and sprinkle outside of wontons with some cinnamon sugar after they are fried.

Wash and dry the berries and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, fairly close together. Put some toasted sliced almonds around them, sprinkle both with cinnamon sugar and orange zest. Melt white sugar in a sturdy pan till liquid and golden. Carefully pour the liquid sugar over the nuts and berries. Let it harden, then crack/break. Serve with cheese, fruit or even a tossed salad.

Wash and dry the berries and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, fairly close together. Put some toasted sliced almonds around them, sprinkle both with cinnamon sugar and orange zest. Melt white sugar in a sturdy pan till liquid and golden. Carefully pour the liquid sugar over the nuts and berries. Let it harden, then crack/break. Serve with cheese, fruit or even a tossed salad.

Oh, Vera, you ALWAYS have the right answers! I think I will go buy some extra cranberries just so I can do this!

This takes a little patience but worth the effort. Stab 'em with a toothpick and dunk into heated dipping chocolate. The combination is awesome. Downside is they disappear faster than you can stick and dip.

I saw Uncle Bob's chuck roast idea, any other savory meat recipes?

What to do with fresh cranberries

Wash and dry the berries and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, fairly close together. Put some toasted sliced almonds around them, sprinkle both with cinnamon sugar and orange zest. Melt white sugar in a sturdy pan till liquid and golden. Carefully pour the liquid sugar over the nuts and berries. Let it harden, then crack/break. Serve with cheese, fruit or even a tossed salad.[/quote

Vera that sounds fabulous! A co-worker is spending Christmas on the Coast in southern OR and I was promised some berries fresh from the bogs. Can't wait to try this.

Wash and dry the berries and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, fairly close together. Put some toasted sliced almonds around them, sprinkle both with cinnamon sugar and orange zest. Melt white sugar in a sturdy pan till liquid and golden. Carefully pour the liquid sugar over the nuts and berries. Let it harden, then crack/break. Serve with cheese, fruit or even a tossed salad.[/quote

Vera that sounds fabulous! A co-worker is spending Christmas on the Coast in southern OR and I was promised some berries fresh from the bogs. Can't wait to try this.

I love the word 'bog':kiss:

Back
Top Bottom