What's your favourite nut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favourite kind of nut?

• Almond

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Brazil nut

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Cashew

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Chestnut

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hazelnut

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Macadamia nut

• Peanut (not technically a nut, but close enough!)

• Pecan

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Walnut

• Other (please share)

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
I voted for pecans, but I love walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds just as much, depending on the situation and the recipe. also pignoli.....

oddly, many of you mention recipes and cooking with them, mine NEVER get that far, the kitchen door is totaly bypassed :)
my wife has to BEG me to let her have pecans or such for a recipe/cake :)

I chose pecans because I was thinking about pecan pies and candies. Also like walnuts and cashews. DH and I snack on almonds. Ok, ok, let's make this easy...all of them. I'm a nut, so what.......I'm crazy! lol

My favorite to sit and eat is the pistachio, but I love to use pecans in baked goods and toasted in salads.

buckytom said:
jikoni, avoiding many jokes here :) , what are groundnuts?
Here are what groundnuts look like.These are shelled and eaten raw or put in a pan and fried without oil. I guess Uncle Bob is right, they are what peanuts are before they are shelled,salted and packed.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 90
Love Almonds. So glad there is a Trader Joe's in my neighborhood! There a great source for my daily Almond fix, (not to mention the 2buck chuck!).

I just LOVE almonds, and it's sad that my mom is allergic. Almond Joys are one of my favorite candies. My ex boss bought smoked almonds for one of our products at work, and I was always snacking on them! They go good on ice cream, especially salted....I used to work at a Dairy Queen....Chocolate and almonds, especially dark chocolate is great!!

I like Brazil nuts, but my cat prefers pecan nuts. The shape of their shell means they behave un-predictably when being batted around the kitchen floor. They bounce of the cabinets at a crazy speed in all directions. Great fun!

Back
Top Bottom