Your peanut butter preferences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of the worst ramifications of my new life style is I can no longer eat a PB&J.

oh well

Back in the day when a PB&J was my favorite lunch I loved creamy Jif or Skippy, Welches or Smuckers Concord Grape Jelly on White Bread with a tall cold glass of milk. No fancy breads for me mind you, give me Wonder or a simillar white bread.

Pure Comfort Food. Memories of Mom in the kitchen on Saturday afternoon in the early autum, coming in from touch football with my brothers and our friends from the neighborhood. Memories of late night chats with Dad after getting home from the 250 mile drive from College.

There is simply no better Sandwich for bringing back memories like that. Jif and Welches and Wonder Bread and a cold glass of milk.

Have had many peanut butters, and generally love them all.

One of my favorite ways of eating the ambrosia is to mix it with some Worcestershire sauce, finely diced onions (can be sauteed, but generally prefer them raw), spread the mixture on white toast, place several rashers of fried bacon on top, and cover with another piece of toast.

Or you can just put slices of raw onion on the peanut butter. But always try it with the Worcestershire sauce.

If you want to butter the toast first, it is only better.

Worcestershire sauce works amazingly well with peanut butter.

At least IMHO.:chef:

Natural peanut butter, crunchy. I eat a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich on whole wheat bread once or twice a week for lunch. The old standby PB and celery sticks. Peanut butter cookies. Peanut butter and chocolate.

SpiceUmUp said:
Back in the day when a PB&J was my favorite lunch I loved creamy Jif or Skippy, Welches or Smuckers Concord Grape Jelly on White Bread with a tall cold glass of milk. No fancy breads for me mind you, give me Wonder or a simillar white bread.

Same here! It's also good with sliced bananas. And how about peanut butter fudge? Mmmmm....

I almost forgot! I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. That is my favorite!!! How could I forget my favorite?!

:) Barbara

I love PB on celery sticks or crackers... or just on a spoon as a mid-afternoon snack...

I tend to buy roasted unsalted peanuts and grind them as needed, after I roast them a few minutes in the oven... brings out their full flavour...

I'm like jenny - don't like "natural" peanut butter too much. Any other kind is always in our house.

toasted English muffin + butter + peanut butter + honey = satisfied mudubg

A friend of mine brought an appetizer to one of our parties that was a surprising combination, but delicious. She spread peanut butter on thick slices of bacon, rolled up and pinned with a toothpick, then broiled till bacon was done.

I love peanut butter cookies!
Me too!!!

My mom always made her's with a nice, big chunck of semi-sweet chocolate in the centre and I've carried on that tradition when I bake them as well..Adding a shelled peanut or two instead is also a nice way to top them.

I like Jif, and like it on ritz crackers, P&J sandwiches, mixed with honey, peanut butter pie, and peanut butter & banana pie.

Constance said:
Have you ever tried spreading peanut butter on an Oreo cookie? :kiss:
I think you can buy them with peanut butter filling. On of my favorite ways is to make a sandwich with Town House Crackers and dip them in white chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom