Dry Aged Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
I have some dry aged angus steak, looks like a pretty nice cut.

Thinking about grilling it with just some salt and fresh cracked pepper, getting a nice sear on both sides and serving rare.

Not sure if thats the best way to cook it or not.

Also trying to think of a sweet, savory sauce to accompany, possibly using Jalepeno'.

Any and all suggestions/comments welcome. Im not attempting this until around 7pm est.

...Thinking about grilling it with just some salt and fresh cracked pepper, getting a nice sear on both sides and serving rare.

Not sure if thats the best way to cook it or not...

That's how I do my steaks. It's kind of hard to say without knowing the cut of steak it is.

My favorite way to prepare a steak these days is to do a dry brine. It is extremely easy and produces great results.

All you need to do it dry brine a steak is coat both sides liberally with salt and then wrap tightly in plastic wrap for 24 hours. Then you just cook however you like. I just did this the other night and the steak was amazing. What happens is the salt initially draws moisture out of the meat, but then the moisture dissolves the salt and that salty liquid is then drawn back into the meat. You are basically seasoning the steak from the inside out instead of only seasoning the outside. if you have never tried it I would highly recommend doing at least once.

I am almost totally ignorant of meat and how it works. I am trying to learn. This sounds interesting and I will try it. Thank You.

My favorite way to prepare a steak these days is to do a dry brine. It is extremely easy and produces great results.

All you need to do it dry brine a steak is coat both sides liberally with salt and then wrap tightly in plastic wrap for 24 hours. Then you just cook however you like. I just did this the other night and the steak was amazing. What happens is the salt initially draws moisture out of the meat, but then the moisture dissolves the salt and that salty liquid is then drawn back into the meat. You are basically seasoning the steak from the inside out instead of only seasoning the outside. if you have never tried it I would highly recommend doing at least once.

Grilling steak of this quality is my number one go to method, so I endorse it wholeheartedly!!! ---- With steak of this quality I would want to enjoy all of it's natural flavors so no sauce for me --- A side of sauteed mushrooms may be nice however -- Or a nice pat of compound butter of garlic powder, parsley, and additional fresh ground black pepper can be a nice touch as well.......

Enjoy!!

Grilling steak of this quality is my number one go to method, so I endorse it wholeheartedly!!! ---- With steak of this quality I would want to enjoy all of it's natural flavors so no sauce for me --- A side of sauteed mushrooms may be nice however -- Or a nice pat of compound butter of garlic powder, parsley, and additional fresh ground black pepper can be a nice touch as well.......

Enjoy!!
I'll go with Uncle Bob on this one.. maybe just dust with some montreal steak seasoning.. but very very lightly. You want to enjoy the flavor of the meat, not the seasonings.

im just going to salt and pepper her, as far as a sauce base, ill leave it minimalist. possibly some sauteed white onions on the side with some home fries, thats about it.

i didnt get around to making it last night i got busy at work and then the gin took over

Back
Top Bottom