Freezing homemade chicken nuggets (cooked)??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zainab13

Assistant Cook
Hi all --

I pack lunches for my toddler and preschooler. I'd like to send homemade chicken nuggets with them, which their caregiver will reheat in a toaster oven. My question is...has anyone ever frozen homemade chicken nuggets? How do they work out when thawed? Of course we all know that the store-bought nuggets are frozen, but I'm not sure what techniques they use. I make my nuggets out of chopped chicken breast, but the storebought ones appear minced (don't really buy those so I'm not an expert). Any ideas or advice would be appreciated!! :rolleyes:

The pre-made are probably flash frozen, but I see no reason not to freeze enough for one meal and reheat them at home to see how they turn out.

Space the nuggets on a cookie sheet and freeze them solid then transfer them to meal size storage containers/bags. Then thaw some out and see how they do. The worst that could happen is that they could fall apart.

I make my homemade version more in a chicken finger format. I cut strips of chicken breasts, marinate it in any mixture I like, coat in flour and fry.

Once fried as Andy said I freeze it first on a cookie sheet. Then remove them and place them in a ziploc and done.

To warm them (I give my son these sometimes for lunch) in an oven or sometimes in a fry pan. I let them crisp up nicely and then let them cool them a bit and then wrap in a foil and off he goes with them to school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom