Melting Cream Cheese without microwave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a recipe that calls for some cream cheese to be heated in a microwave and mashed with a fork every 30 seconds.

Unfortunately I don't have a microwave.

What else can I do?

Do you have a double boiler? Use that if you do. If not, use a larger pot with boiling water in it and a bowl large enough not to fall into the pot and do it that way.

I agree. Melt it like chocolate in a double boiler. What are you making that requires melted cream cheese? Sounds interesting...

If you have those big silver bowls... I'm not sure what the correct name is for them, but I have 4 or 5 of the bowls from small to large. Use that if you don't have a double boiler. I think that would be the best way to melt the cheese.

I have a recipe that calls for some cream cheese to be heated in a microwave and mashed with a fork every 30 seconds.

Unfortunately I don't have a microwave.

What else can I do?

I'm not looking at your recipe, but many recipes call for you to "soften" the cream cheese prior to incorperating it into the recipe. Take the cream cheese out of the box. Leave it in the foil. Run a bowl/pot of hot water out of your kitchen faucet. Put the cheese in the hot water and go do something esle for a while. When you come back it will be softened for your recipe.....

Have Fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom