Nerd or Geek?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well yes, we all show our age I suppose. But, it becomes difficult to winnow out the garbage with the language. In this forum I haven't had to contend with the rampent rudeness as in other forums. On another forum I may ask about something about sparkplug gap and someone rants about my possible inheritance. Please excuse me, I am merely ranting because of something earlier today. grrrr!!!!!

Well yes, we all show our age I suppose. But, it becomes difficult to winnow out the garbage with the language. In this forum I haven't had to contend with the rampent rudeness as in other forums. On another forum I may ask about something about sparkplug gap and someone rants about my possible inheritance. Please excuse me, I am merely ranting because of something earlier today. grrrr!!!!!

We don't do rampant rudeness here.

I haven't had to worry about spark plug gap for decades. Cars are too computer dependent for this backyard mechanic.

There.. fixed it. :LOL:

Brat!

That was the first thing I thought when I read PF's post. GMTA!

Brat 2!

Geeks are rude. Nerds are wimps.

hehe... J/K! just a joke. Don't go rampant!

Got a problem with that? And I'm just galloping...:rolleyes: or Galumphing...

I see Geeks as overly enthusiastic on any given subject and Nerds as Brains...My Sister is a Math Nerd.

I have recently come to terms with being a geek, whether it is cooking or computers/electronics I am all in.

I recently built a computer to use as a home theater PC, I had never done it before, but did some reading and figured it out, far easier than I could have imagined. I did months of research to decide just what I needed and getting the best price.

I do the same thing with cooking. When I am challenged to make something or "capture a certain flavor" in baked goods, I will research a bunch of recipes, and run it through my head for sometimes up to a week or more.

So does that make me a nerdy/geek?

I have recently come to terms with being a geek, whether it is cooking or computers/electronics I am all in.

I recently built a computer to use as a home theater PC, I had never done it before, but did some reading and figured it out, far easier than I could have imagined. I did months of research to decide just what I needed and getting the best price.

I do the same thing with cooking. When I am challenged to make something or "capture a certain flavor" in baked goods, I will research a bunch of recipes, and run it through my head for sometimes up to a week or more.

So does that make me a nerdy/geek?

Makes you kinda Smart in my book! A Smart Bake Nerd!:)

Does anyone else see a problem with the quotes in the posts here? Look at PF's post. The ne labelled as mine is Frank's. The one labeled as Frank's . I find it very confusing.

Does anyone else see a problem with the quotes in the posts here? Look at PF's post. The ne labelled as mine is Frank's. The one labeled as Frank's . I find it very confusing.

I saw that, too...tis confusing. But, I'll have to work on it later. Off to the day job...:)

I don't the problem if yer taking the fall for me.. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom