New oven with separate controls for upper and lower elements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I just received my new oven! Unfortunately, it is a little too small, so I have to send it back and wait for the next one. I did notice, however, that this oven has a separate temperature control for each heating element, upper and lower. That sounds really cool to me but I don't know how to use it. When would I want to use a lower temp at either the top or bottom? Would cooking pizza benefit - having the upper temp lower than the lower temp?

Thanks! But my question is specifically: when should the top element in the oven be set at a different temperature than the bottom element? with only one dish in the oven.

Hi, new to this forum. Can you tell me the name of the oven ? I've been looking for this kind of oven for a while. Thanks

Baking only requires the bottom element. Broiling only requires the upper element. Using both elements to preheat will cause the oven to preheat in less time.

The receipt to make the tart required separate control of the upper and lower heating elements, i.e. half way of the baking, need to set the temperature of the upper element lower and the temperature of lower heating element higher. The only oven I found has the function:

Vollrath 40703 Cayenne 23-7/16-Inch Electric Countertop Convection Oven, Half Size

It's a commercial oven so costs more than 1400 and that's way too much for me.

Back
Top Bottom