Santoku...where did it come from???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBQ Fish said:
But, it is ceramic, and while they say it's hard as diamonds, i've as well heard of the chipping and breaking as well. Plus about the sending back to the manufacturer to get sharpened i didn't like, and that is the only reason i own my global set instead of kyocera!:ermm:

Since it really wasn't MY money .... and Williams Sonoma said they would take it back if it chipped or broke through no fault of my own (i knew someone who broke one cutting a potato!) ...

I probably would not have purchased it with my own $$.

As sharp or sharper than the Globals I've used.

Globals are fabulous knives if they fit your hand. They feel terrible to me, so I could never use one. But they are light and really, really sharp.

WOW I didn't realize WS would take them back if they broke through no fault of your own. How would they determine that though? Would they just take your word? Knowing how WS operates, I would not doubt that.

GB said:
WOW I didn't realize WS would take them back if they broke through no fault of your own. How would they determine that though? Would they just take your word? Knowing how WS operates, I would not doubt that.

I am a bit sceptical, I have to say, but I have never had anything but 100% satisfaction from WS when I had to return something.

Most places will tell you they will not allow you to return a ceramic knife under any circumstances.

Well I wish you the best of luck with it and hopefully you will never need to find out if they will take it back :)

Thanks for all your suggestions, folks. Hopefully, Sis can find something she feels comfortable with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom