Sausage Skins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungry

Senior Cook
I think I posted this before. With all the new members I'll post it again.

I dislike trying to eat the casing (skin) they use on Polish type sausage. Cooking on the BBQ usually results in a very black, burnt, crusty skin, with a cold center! No matter how it’s cooked you still have to contend with the skin when eating it. Removing the skin after the sausage is cooked can be a chore using a knife and fork, or very messy on the fingers. I found that a vegetable peeler will remove the casing from the Polish type sausage with little or no waste. First freeze the sausage, then with the vegetable peeler, peel off the casing it as you would any vegetable. Use a paper towel to hold the sausage, as it will be to cold to hold in the bare hands.

Bon Appetite!

Charlie

Last edited:
Would be easier to buy the skinless sausage then. Cooking sausage over a grill is great. Don't cook over high heat if you don't want it black.

Hungry, have you ever tried boiling them (beer and onions) before putting them on the grill? that would take care of the cold center problem and you could still get a nice grill on them.

If you grilled your sausage on a cooler grill, you could get the interior hot without incinerating the outside.

andy, do you mean one of these? :blink: :whistling

B00007J2WD.01-AS6H2RBFNM4XI._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom