ABTs - How I make them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make these, only no little smokies, just some 6 year old white cheddar cheese i put in after cleaning the peppers and the wrap in bacon. If you visit smokingmeatfourums.com, they have several versions of these on the treads there

Rocklobster, Costco sells Lil Smokies. They have them in 3 packs. Two hickory flavored and one mozza stuffed.

Thanks folks.
And Andy is right. They are very addictive. The next morning seems to be no problem at all either, but I clean my peppers really well.

I have a fix for morning after heat. Drink one glass of "Metamucil" or similar fiber supplement before bed. It really does work.

A timely thread--I just picked a bucketful of Mucho Nacho jalapenos last night. (I knew better than planting 6 plants--but I had a bad case of garden fever back in May, that affected my judgement.)

You are not the only one. I have more than I need and no room for the two flats of bell pepper and eggplant.
I had to grow my cukes up a trellis type deal as there was no room for them. To many red bell pepper plants was my problem.
I used seeds and got much more than expected.

I remember the kitchen garden we had as a kid. They were always planted with seeds. There was no running to Home Depot for a flat or two of your choice. I loved that garden. It was where I always got my lunch without having to go into the house. :angel:

I remember the kitchen garden we had as a kid. They were always planted with seeds. There was no running to Home Depot for a flat or two of your choice. I loved that garden. It was where I always got my lunch without having to go into the house. :angel:

Since vegetable plants are available, I have used them for years. But the problem is, they do not always have the plants I want.
This became apparent when I could not find Poblamo pepper plants.

So I bought some to cook with and saved the seeds.
I also did this with those nice big red bells from Louisiana. Forget the name. Starts with a "G".
I was concerned they might have been genetically modified in some way to prevent the seeds from germinating.
Turns out they all germinate very well and do not cost anything. I am now using seeds from a couple generations back.
Problem is I get way more plants than I need. Good thing I will have plenty more seeds as we eat this summers harvest. I will save again each season.
I wish I had been saving seeds from the very beginning. Its much more rewarding and less expensive to grow with seeds. But it is triple the work.

From flat to cup, then to garden, takes time and effort.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom