Outdoor stir-fry…beats the heat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingdaddy

Assistant Cook
I love stir-fry with all the fresh veggies, but so much heat and smoke in the house in the hot Texas summer has made this a winter meal only for some time. Now that I got nearly everything I need outdoors I love stir fry all year round.

Attachments

• zz Stirfry2.jpg
    zz Stirfry2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 530
  • zz Stirfry1.jpg
    zz Stirfry1.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 418
What’s nice is that the high heat on the outer ring (600-700°) can get the wok effect quite nicely and then a little water squirt on the veggies followed by a dome cover and you get a nice steam. Moving the meat to the center (cooler zone) nicely drains the oil and slows the cooking similar to dragging the meat up the side of a wok after searing.

Attachments

• zz Stirfry3.jpg
    zz Stirfry3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 487
  • zz Stirfry4.jpg
    zz Stirfry4.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 532
img_681741_0_8ed136c575ed255cf0c3a43f9812ce2a.gif
Can I move in? I'm good at dishes.

I've seen some people use the burner on a turkey fryer for outdoor stir-fry.

That’s next on my agenda, I want a good dual burner stove top for boiling water and the occasional Turkey fry but that takes a lot of BTU's and I have read that blast and wok burners don’t do well for boiling water and oil since it does not heat very evenly. Ultimately I want a burner or two that will do it all, but it looks like I need a wok burner (recessed) and a good 60,000 BTU combo to do it all.

Did some nice bacon wrapped Scallops and Steak and Crabcakes the other day too.

Attachments

• zz Scallops.jpg
    zz Scallops.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 426
That's one pretty cool setup (beats the heat right ;))
A stir fryer's dream.

I love to use a charcoal grill and the Evo simultaneously for bigger or more complex meals, my girlfriend and I can work together very well and never go into the house. I still need a 2 burner cook top to complete the poor mans outdoor kitchen though.

BTW, don’t let the marketing BS get to you on an outdoor Refrigerator, you don’t need one that is rated for such, for a third of the price you can buy the cheep non outdoor-rated version and replace it 3 times if necessary and it will be much larger. Just keep the compressor compartment covered in some way. I paid about $375 for one that has been outdoors in bad weather for about a year and it works better then my indoor fridge that cost much more, colder too..

Attachments

• zz setup.jpg
    zz setup.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 447
My first try at Cedar Plank Salmon, very moist and delicate compared to the foil wrapped version, not to mention the flavor and aroma of the cedar infused in the fish. I’ll probably never eat any fish another way on an outdoor grill.

Attachments

• ZZ Cedar Plank Salmon.jpg
    ZZ Cedar Plank Salmon.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 476
Back
Top Bottom