What's on the Grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I googled moink balls. We will be having those the next time we have friends over. Yum!!!

chopper said:
I googled moink balls. We will be having those the next time we have friends over. Yum!!!

I thought this was a typo! (thinking to self, those poor monks). Then I googled it too, sounds delish!

Last edited:
I have a pork tenderloin soaking up the flavors from my pork rub. I'm going to grill it over charcoal later.

I'll be doing Sunday nite trip-tip again. Someone has these on sale practically every week. This 2.5 lb roast was on sale for 2.99/lb, trimmed.
I think I'm going to rotiss this roast over red oak splits in the Weber.

Roadfix, you'll have to try some ribs on that rotisserie, like the big boys do in cooking shows. Seems like they all use rotisseries to get even cooking.

I hope to be grilling some Smith's hot dogs later... if my New England style buns come out.

Roadfix, you'll have to try some ribs on that rotisserie, like the big boys do in cooking shows. Seems like they all use rotisseries to get even cooking.

Most definitely. That's one reason I got the Rib-o-lator attachment for the rotiss last week. This way I can rotiss up to 4 slabs at the same time.
Fun attachment, I used it for the first time yesterday to do wings and thighs.

I did beef ribs on the rotiss this evening. About 4 hours @ 250°F..

img_1005091_0_701b5bec4155991dd8896c0cd65b95ef.jpg

Grilled garlic/parm wings

Attachments

• wings 5-28-11.JPG
    wings 5-28-11.JPG
    310.8 KB · Views: 253
I've been really getting into brining poultry lately. Just put some chicken breasts in a sort of peruvian inspired brine, and will grill them in a few hours.

Hey! I found this thread again :)
And here I was looking under the subforum for grilling... I didn't even realize (or forgot :rolleyes:) there were threads under the main heading of Outdoor cooking :huh:

So last night's dinner on the grill. Potato wedges drowned in ranch. I basically sauté them in a foil pan with oil and McCormick's steak seasoning, then add butter towards the end. Works well for potato halves, too.
And wings seasoned with Penzeys black & red and when done tossed with some SBR, red hot, blue cheese dressing, worcestershire and crumbled gorgonzola.

Attachments

• wings 7-7-11.jpg
    wings 7-7-11.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 291
Saturday nite moink balls on the smoker and some wings and thighs on the Weber rotisserie. My wife made sides of rice and vegis. A friend also brought over a couple of bottles of wine from a local winery.
Fix mate your Moinks Balls look as good as mine;)

This was on the grill tonight.
Tuna on the top, using the chimney charcoal starter for a hot, hot, hot heat, veggies on the bottom.

Attachments

• grilled tuna dinner1.jpg
    grilled tuna dinner1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 260
  • grilled tuna dinner2.jpg
    grilled tuna dinner2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 245
  • grilled tuna dinner3.jpg
    grilled tuna dinner3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 223
Nice sear on that tuna pacanis! Nice simple meal. My kind of grub. :)

I did hot and fast spareribs on the kettle last night. Seared them and went indirect at 350F for a couple of hours. My family prefers this method rather than low and slow on the ribs. I like both ways, but I don't like them too tender where they fall off the bones. I like to feel the bite.

Back
Top Bottom