BBQ contests for April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
4/1 - 4/2
Hammond, LA
Stillwater, OK

4/8 - 4/9
Peoria, AZ

4/15 - 4/16
Charleston, MO
Kings Mountain, NC
Osage City, KS

4/22 - 4/23
Bentonville, AR
Delmar, MD
Winchester, TN
Marshall, MO
Springfield, MO

4/29 - 4/30
Sugar Creek, MO
Warsaw, MO
Topeka, KS
Warwick, RI

Rainee, will your group be entering more than one section in each contest? Chicken, pork, etc.? If you take an updated photo of the group at any of the contests, I'll post it on your page.

You have to enter all 4 categories to be eligable for Grand Champion, so yes, we always eneter all 4.

Chicken, ribs, bbq and brisket.

That's got to take a lot of time. Good luck with your preparations, and let us all know how the contests go as you move through them!

We set up on friday and start cooking that night. The judging is done on Sat.

Thanks, we always need luck.

Still enjoying the chow chow?

I can't place Kings Mountain right now...kicking myself...refresh my memory please..need to go on recharge I guess. Senior moment.

Dove

King's Mtn is just west of Charlotte. 45 minute drive.

Battle of King's Mtn goes back to the Revoluntionary war.

Battlefield

I'm pretty sure I asked this question last year, Rainee, but I forget. The Columbus Jazz and RibFest is on the 4th weekend of July. Do you guys do something like that? I'm not sure if the competitions you participate in are sanctioned by a single organization or if you take part in all different types of competition.

We have done a couple non-sanctioned contests. Mostly we just compete in one.

We compete with teams who do such events as rib fests etc. Look for the Carolina Rib King. Not sure if he will be there, but you never know.

There are a number of teams that compete under more than one sanctioning body.
Some of closest friends on the cirrcuit compete KCBS & MIM. We hung out with one during the new local MIM contest to see what all went on. We knew and heard about them, but never actually witnessed one. Thought maybe we might want to cook there next year.

We quickly figured out it was more involved than just the two of us could handle. It would require more team members.

Back
Top Bottom