ISO advice about marinade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's meat, I'll brush the meat with it as long as it has time to reach cooking temps. In other words, not right before I pull the meat off. I've seen another member cook down the marinade and use it that way. I don't reuse it for marinating, but that might just be me.
I save my veggie marinade for a couple days though. I love marinated, grilled veggies, so I'll reuse that for marinating another night's dinner.

It depends. Marinades for quick pickles ofter can be reused, either for the same vegetable or for pickling a different vegetable or hard boiled eggs. Marinades for meats are a big maybe, as far as I am concerned. If the marinade for a raw meat is one that can be boiled and then refrigerated without loss of quality, you can at some small risk. My preference is not to make a huge kettle of marinade and avoid the temptation. Do your marinating is a vessel or bag large enough to contain the meat well bathed in marinade, but not much more.
What recipe/product are you thinking about reusing? We might be able to help you with both safety and approaches that avoid unnecessary waste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom