Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
Did 2 racks of ribs tonite. One the way I like and one the wife likes.:chef:

img_1434320_0_2ef4be4923d907a65c2c117f812ba0c9.jpg

Mine is at the top. Like like dry rubbed.
img_1434320_1_eedd320535532ecf4f039e58c1c2b548.jpg

img_1434320_2_ef3eaab9bae242feabc3540796ccee18.jpg

No smoke ring?

Look closer. There is a smoke ring, just not a deep one. Smoke rings are no longer considered as a requirement in "Comp Q", nor is it an indication of quality "Q", as it can be artificially produced.:ohmy:

Kamados don't typically produce a pronounced smoke ring, but I used plenty of smoke. Apple wood chunks were used with lump charcoal.

I found a little steel triangular box with a lid designed for fitting between burners on a gas grill at Home Depot. You soak the wood chips and then cook as you would regularly. You vary the smokiness by the amount of chips. We found half full was optimum for us.
99c3a036-d3be-4c36-817b-e8cfed955120_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Look closer. There is a smoke ring, just not a deep one. Smoke rings are no longer considered as a requirement in "Comp Q", nor is it an indication of quality "Q", as it can be artificially produced.:ohmy:

Smoke rings also don't always show up well in photos. It is kind of like shooting a medium-rare steak. It often looks medium in the photo -- and I shoot with a professional camera and lighting.

People often look fatter in photos, too -- at least I do. :rolleyes:

CD

I found a little steel triangular box with a lid designed for fitting between burners on a gas grill at Home Depot. You soak the wood chips and then cook as you would regularly. You vary the smokiness by the amount of chips. We found half full was optimum for us.

IMO, wet wood produces a nasty, acrid smoke.:(

Yah, i see it. I wish I could get the recipe so that I could try it. <3 thankssss

You keep asking for BBQ recipes. You never answered my post about equipment nor about what you want to make.

Here:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f36/bbq-grand-salami-97059-3.html

As I mentioned in the other thread, you need certain types of equipment to produce smoked or un-smoked sausages and most of the mentioned items in that thread. The ABTs won't taste the same unless they are smoked. You can make armadillo eggs/poppers without smoke.

Very interesting. Going to go back over it to get a closer understanding. I'm fascinated by this type of cookery. Great stuff, and thank you.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I use one of those, but with pellets. Apple mostly. I used to use wood, but pellets are easier and work well.

Using the box on the burners tends to make them catch fire, so I will get them going and then put them up on the rack.

I do have some nice fresh apple prunings this year, so we will chip them and dry them for smoking this fall.

Back
Top Bottom