Smoked cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ'd Dude

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I setup my large BGE last night. I wanted to try smoking cheese (Have not done it in this smoker). I tried something new. I only started around three lumps of charcoal. Then I placed two hickory chunks on top. Once all was stable at 100 degrees I threw on a block of swiss, sharp cheddar and a horseradish based cheese.

I let it go for around 1 1/2 - 2 hours staying at 100 degrees. I did turn each chunk about 4 times to get it even on the smoke penetration.

They came out nice. Good smoky flavor. Normally I only smoke cheese in the winter but I think this will now be a year around event.

Sorry, no pictures my camera seems to not want to stay on, bummer. I have had this digital for around 6 years so I guess it was due :ermm:.

I like, for the smoking quality, white cheddar the best as it seems to be "harder" so the heat doesn't seem to effect it as much.

What cheeses have you smoked and what was your favorite?

Take care,

Brian

Hi,

I setup my large BGE last night. I wanted to try smoking cheese (Have not done it in this smoker). I tried something new. I only started around three lumps of charcoal. Then I placed two hickory chunks on top. Once all was stable at 100 degrees I threw on a block of swiss, sharp cheddar and a horseradish based cheese.

I let it go for around 1 1/2 - 2 hours staying at 100 degrees. I did turn each chunk about 4 times to get it even on the smoke penetration.

They came out nice. Good smoky flavor. Normally I only smoke cheese in the winter but I think this will now be a year around event.

Sorry, no pictures my camera seems to not want to stay on, bummer. I have had this digital for around 6 years so I guess it was due :ermm:.

I like, for the smoking quality, white cheddar the best as it seems to be "harder" so the heat doesn't seem to effect it as much.

What cheeses have you smoked and what was your favorite?

Take care,

Brian

Never smoked cheese but want to. Thanks for sharing the info. Gotta try it.

Back
Top Bottom