Smoked Salsa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ'd Dude

Assistant Cook
Hi,

Well this weekends smoke will be, unless I change my mind or something is not available, a couple of boston butts, nuts, one rack of BB ribs, a couple of fatty sausages and salsa.

I normally for salsa smoke only the red and white onions, habanero, japelenos and cilantro.

Oh and also I will make some NC BBQ vinegar based sauce and some red based KC sauce. Toying with doing a different sauce but haven't made up my mind :wacko:.

I smoke the veggies maybe an hour or two.

I told the work buddies I would be bringing in a surprise for them Monday.

Camera is still fubar'd but I will take some pictures witgh my cell phone.

Smoke on!!!

Take care,

Brian

That's a very interesting idea.. Thanks for the idea. I am going to smoke about 30 pounds of Pork Shoulder this weekend, so there should be some room for a couple of veggies...

Thanks again for sharing!

-Brad

Always my pleasure :).

Sounds like you have a party happening :pig: (The pig is sort of looking worried I think LOL)!!! I have never done that much at one time. Does it slow down the average cook time by much?

Take care,

Brian

Well it all came out good. Even had a tornado warning half way through :ohmy:.

I ended up doing salsa, two Boston butts, three racks of ribs, baked beans and corn.

I brought in a load of the salsa and pulled pork to work today. Salsa was gone instantly, was asked to bring in more tomorrow. Pulled pork was simmering/re-heating in a crock pot kept having people come by asking what it was. It was wiped out by 11:30.

I will try t post pics later tonight. I had to use my cell phone so I am not sure how to get the images from it.

Take care,

Brian

try grilling the tomatoes and peelin the skin. That would go GREAT with your other smoked veggies.

btw I want some NC style bbq ribs now.

Mikey,

Nice thought. I tried it once but neglected to peel the skin. I'll have to re-visit that.

Thank you,

Brian

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom