Stove-Top Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "layering" technique is right on target except...

Part of the complete smoking process, in my experience, includes placing the (closed) smoker into an oven and baking/roasting as the final stage.

However, the video is a great starting point for those who wish to try stovetop smoking.

Right. I wasn't sure why she took the chicken out of the pan and put on another pan to finish cooking. You would Have thought she would just move it to the oven to finish the way it was.

Used my stove top smoker for the first time today. I had some pork tenderloin filets wrapped in bacon that I smoked with apple wood shavings (the smoker came with apple and hickory). I thought they tasted really good. Haven't heard from the rest of the clan yet (DH is eating at the computer and the yungun took his up to his room). I think it will make wonderful pork bbq. Next up will be the turkey breast. I think it will come out of the freezer tonight so it's thawed by Wed or Thurs.

I baked a couple of country style ribs tonight in the oven. I had it on low and slow cooking. I used AhSo sauce on them. Now I love a smoked shoulder, even a roasted fresh shoulder. But that is as far as my liking pork goes. Oh yeah, sometimes ham. So why do I keep buying things like a nice thick center cut pork chop or country style ribs? The only thing that makes the chop edible is the stuffing in it. I am going to have to tell Spike from now on when he sees me buying pork, to take it out of my basket and put it back. Just a waste of money for me. I am going to give him the other six I have in the freezer. Oh yeah. One more thing. I do like bacon. Thick cut please. And Italian sausages. On the grill or on the stove. Even in spagetti sauce. :angel:

Last edited:
Has anyone had any experience using a Camerons Stovetop Smoker on a Webber grill? Thanks.

I use my Camerons Stovetop Smoker on my grill all the time, it's not a Webber, but the results would be the same. I prefer using it on the grill because after I've smoked the meat, I want to grill it to give it a nice finish, or to brush on a sauce.

Has anyone had any experience using a Camerons Stovetop Smoker on a Webber grill? Thanks.

We have a Cameron's smoker and I see no reason why it can't be used on a Weber grill. However, the way the Cameron's smoker works is that the food is first smoked, over low heat, in the stainless steel smoker, then placed in the oven to complete the process.

I would imagine that this could be achieved using a Weber grill as long as attention is paid to maintaining an even temperature for the final cooking period.

It should work and, if you have any questions, I would suggest calling the folks at Cameron's to get recommendations for this cooking technique. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Back
Top Bottom