What brand of BBQ sauce do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have tried a lot of different sauces, but I always go with Gates Original as my favorite. And for a little kick I'll grab a bottle of Gate's Extra Spicy. Can't beat fresh homemade onion rings dipped in Gates.

We use Cookie's bbq sauce. It might be regional? It's one of the very few sauces that uses sugar instead of HFCS. I really like Sweet Baby Ray's but it has HFCS so we don't use it anymore.

snickerdoodle said:
We use Cookie's bbq sauce. It might be regional? It's one of the very few sauces that uses sugar instead of HFCS. I really like Sweet Baby Ray's but it has HFCS so we don't use it anymore.

Did not know that, Snickerdoodle. We use both. I think Cookie's IS regional.

This is the one I use most often. I have to order it online since none of the stores in my area carry it. If I happen to be out of this I'll go for Sweet Baby Rays hickory.

Attachments

• the-jug-barbecue-sauce.jpg
    the-jug-barbecue-sauce.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 264
While it's not one of my preferred brands, last week the store had Masterpiece on sale for $0.98/bottle. I could not pass that up and they will make a good base for doctored up sauce.

Thanks for the sticky fingers link, Steve. I think I'll order a five-pack. That habernero hot sounds like it would be great on wings.

fred .. i will let you know .. im going there next week .. gonna try the wings ..

fred .... as much as you love wings .. i am pretty sure you will love this sauce ...
the wings were great .. they bring them out .. smoked .. then grilled .. you sauce them ..
the honey habenaro went well with the blue cheese ...

i'll have to look around for corky's. i love memphis q.

has anyone tried any of the arthur bryant's sauces? not sure which one or two to order.

i just remembered another fave that i'm going to try to replicate. it's "tastefully yours" brand pomegranate chipotle. great stuff.

Last edited:
i'll have to look around for corky's. i love memphis q.

has anyone tried any of the arthur bryant's sauces? not sure which one or two to order.

i just remembered another fave that i'm going to try to replicate. it's "tastefully yours" brand pomegranate chipotle. great stuff.

then you need to call me next time you visit your other sis in VA....not aware of the pom chipotle stuff you refer to but it sounds really good! and no haven't tried the Arthur Bryant sauces

as far as I'm concerned the best barbecue sauce out there is Stubbs Spicy BBQ sauce. Not to sweet and just the right amount of heat. Goes great with Pulled Pork

Back
Top Bottom