Wheat Fed Baby Backs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ask-A-Butcher

Senior Cook
Murphy Farm's Wheat Fed Pork Baby Back Ribs from The Fresh Market (Southeast food chain)

Holy Good Gracious Almighty...picked up two racks y'day PM and they are 3 lbs a piece for BB's!!!

17 inches long and 3 lbs a piece!!! Got the right amount of ribs too......13 :)

img_544124_0_070923d5f633c088c84ebd95f46e6e4a.jpg

One rack will get salt, pepper and garlic. The other John Henry's Bourbon Rub.

Hmmm....they is done after 2½ hrs at 260°, straight Mali's lump :)

img_544124_1_e0d9574d502be571a35eb1d10fb8b33c.jpg

img_544124_2_fdbea1a8a7f4d1b923f3f4d73a62bac4.jpg

If I didn't know any better I'd swear these ribs have been "enhanced" with a solution of some sort in order to cook that quick. Below is all I could find out about the ribs and it appears that the higher pH retains more moisture. Hmmm....interesting.

I will say one thing...they are DAM TENDER AND MOIST!!! :p

According to The Fresh Market....

Murphy Farms - Wheat Fed Pork

Understanding the quality of pork is important when making the right selection. Murphy Farms Pork exemplifies our stringent standards and ensures the excellence of our premium chops, baby back ribs and roasts. The three most important factors that affect the quality of pork are:

TFM Pork Marbling for Flavor:
Great pork has enough marbling to add flavor and moisture, yet it is not too fatty. Our strict marbling specifications, combined with a zero-fat trim standard for our meat cutters, ensure that we sell only the finest cuts of pork.

Perfect Color and pH:
Through extensive research, we have determined that pork in a certain color range has a high pH. Pork with a higher pH retains more moisture and is therefore tender, juicy and flavorful every time.

A Better Breed:
In order to provide these premium pork cuts, we select all of our pork from a single unique breed. This helps us guarantee consistency and quality, and it means your pork recipe will always be a success.

We are pleased to offer many pork selections. From Baby Back Ribs — a customer favorite — to Pork Tenderloin and freshly ground country-style Pork Sausage, we think you will find just want you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom