Bacon wrapped jalapenos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SallyChoc

Assistant Cook
Hey,
This is a great appetizer for the grill.
10 - jalapeno peppers, medium sized
1 package of bacon
1 package of cream cheese
1 box tooth picks.

1. Prepare the jalapenos by cutting tops and slicing in half (long ways).
2. Remove the seeds and let them soak in cold tap water for about 2 hours, or if you like things hot, forget the soaking.
3. Put a generous amount of cream cheese in the jalapeno pepper half.
4. wrap that jalapeno with bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
5. Cook on gas or charcoal grill. Start with cheese side down. This sears the bacon and give the cheese a better chance of not falling out of the pepper.
6. Cook until well done on both side.
I like it when the bacon gets crispy.

try using some left over pulled pork inside with the
cheese ... good stuff ..

You should at least mention that these are known as "Atomic Buffalo Turds" and are considered BBQ Crack.

I made them for the first time a few weekends ago for a party and zipped up the filling a bit by using about a pound of andouille sausage (ground up) and 3/4 red onion mixed in with the cheese. cheese sat over night.

I made 50 total and they lasted about a half hour. I used the left over creamcheese as a dip.

I just had those this weekend but there was sausage inside as well as the cream cheese. They were good.

We like hot stuff, but find the cheese tends to blunt a lot of the hotness. We will often add other cheeses. Will add jack cheese or mozzarella to the cream cheese, or even grated cheddar. These are great. But they can also be made inside in the oven, which we do because we like them when it is cold outside or we are too lazy to drag out the grill.

I am thinking of trying these, but doing a cornbread type stuffing with lump crab and grilled yellow corn, some smoked gouda perhaps, then wrapping and grilling or baking off.

You mentioned two of my favorite foods!!! Jalapenos in anything is great an d even better with bacon in it, around it, or whatever! Sounds great!!!

You poor thing, can't you find some hot peppers over there? I know what you mean about missing certain food items, I am still in the same shoes sometimes (moved from Eu to CA)
Had to experiment a lot trying ti initate certain flavors with available ingredients here.
I think it must be harder where you are..
There is probably some kind of bacon (it is everywhere) and some kind of peppers, so just try something!

That is the exactly the way we do them.
Somtimes I mix in a litle Ol bay seasonings or zatarins seas.(spelling?)
Also heard soaking in milk helps with the heat for the one who don't like the heat

bacon wrapped anything is good, but jalapenos stuffed with cheese? or sausage? or pulled pork? or crab?

thanks for posting this sallychoc, and everyone for their modifications! this is a must try as i'm about ready to pick my first coupla jalapenos this year from the garden.

lol @ bbq crack.

mitmondol said:
You poor thing, can't you find some hot peppers over there? I know what you mean about missing certain food items, I am still in the same shoes sometimes (moved from Eu to CA)
Had to experiment a lot trying ti initate certain flavors with available ingredients here.
I think it must be harder where you are..
There is probably some kind of bacon (it is everywhere) and some kind of peppers, so just try something!

Thanks for the sympathy, mitmondol;)--I've only found one variety of nearly hot peppers and they are so thin it would be difficult to stuff them and they are here only for a short time------you can get imported bacon (the local bacon are "slabs" and I believe meant to just throw in huge pots of soup for flavoring--I've never found it sliced) but the imported supply is always "iffy" at best and $$$$$$. So, I do understand your problems, too. At least in this expat community people call each other when a hard to find ingredient shows up and then it's gone with the winds of the steppes for another 3 months.

But I sure do enjoy reading this thread and seeing the different variations.:ROFLMAO:

elaine l said:
I just had those this weekend but there was sausage inside as well as the cream cheese. They were good.

That's the way I make them, with the L'il Weiners. Made about a million of them this past weekend and put them in the smoker for about an hour and a half. Huge hit.

Almost everyone loves ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds).

By QSis

Lee

Last edited:
love2"Q" said:
try using some left over pulled pork inside with the
cheese ... good stuff ..

I've never seen the words 'left over' in the same sentence with 'pulled pork' before!:ROFLMAO:

Anyone tried peanutbutter stuffed jalapenos?
Roast, peel jalapenos, scrape out seeds, stuff with pb.
I made these dipped in chocoale too.Really great!

Back
Top Bottom