Bangers and Sides. "Outside style"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will send you the date of this year's trip! There are so many of us, and they know I have American relatives, I will just say you are my Montana cousins! You will fit right it! :LOL:

Oh, and you can bring your bi...

...on second thought nah! :ROFLMAO:

I haven't fallen off in over two weeks...:LOL:

Back to ODC's original topic. I was just at Costco and found a camp stove that has an oven attached! :ohmy:

Now, I am a baker and of course can't live without my large capacity confection oven, but come on now - if you camp, well you camp! I may not be a die-hard like most of you guy's, but don't worry, I won't be buying one.

Besides, not big enough for a wedding cake....just in case a couple of bears want to elope or something.:whistling

Not big enough for a wedding cake?
Not even in tiers?

You never know when it might come in handy :whistling

Lol! The thermopen is a bit funny, food looks yum! Nice to see a proper braai (charcoal grill I think you call it?) Really cold in Botswana today but we still had a good old South African braai. Love being outside! We made boerewors, crispy chicken wings, lamb chops and grilled sweetcorn :)

snip, what are boerewors?

i wonder about it's name, sounding so much like the boer wars of a century or so ago, and the older farmer's wars.

Last edited:
Y'all are a lot more "adventurous" than I am. I would never be able to put my food right on on of those grill grates. I just wouldn't be able to get past the thought of what happens to those grills when no one is looking :ohmy: I'm sure the heat would kill most anything but just the thoughts.....

Y'all are a lot more "adventurous" than I am. I would never be able to put my food right on on of those grill grates. I just wouldn't be able to get past the thought of what happens to those grills when no one is looking :ohmy: I'm sure the heat would kill most anything but just the thoughts.....

Yes, I used to agree with you, Mama. Then I went to school and apprenticed where I learned what can go on in a fine dining kitchen and suddenly nothing about cooking anywhere was scary! :LOL:

Yes, I used to agree with you, Mama. Then I went to school and apprenticed where I learned what can go on in a fine dining kitchen and suddenly nothing about cooking anywhere was scary! :LOL:
Thansk for the concerns ladies.

I had one side of the bangers around 650.f And the side around oil boiling temp about 450.f

I do care about the people I feed and my family. I could care less about my self.

Oh, ODC, I wasn't (and I don't think Mama was) concerned that you weren't taking care of your food temps. It is more what an outdoor park grill gets all over it between outings. But, as Mama eluded to, the heat does cook it all off - I always take a grill brush to it after the coals get hot enough - that scrubs and burns it away!

I really embrace what you do. As I said, I love doing our fancy breakfasts and trying to "raise the bar" each year!

Oh, ODC, I wasn't (and I don't think Mama was) concerned that you weren't taking care of your food temps. It is more what an outdoor park grill gets all over it between outings. But, as Mama eluded to, the heat does cook it all off - I always take a grill brush to it after the coals get hot enough - that scrubs and burns it away!

I really embrace what you do. As I said, I love doing our fancy breakfasts and trying to "raise the bar" each year!
Thank you LPBeier.

I literately took my grill brush over the greats for 5-8 minutes just to make sure It was some what safe for grilling.

I'm sorry if I came across as though I thought you didn't care about your family Outdoor Chef. I'm sure the heat cooks everything off...it's just me, my imagination and my OCD :LOL:.

I'm sorry if I came across as though I thought you didn't care about your family Outdoor Chef. I'm sure the heat cooks everything off...it's just me, my imagination and my OCD :LOL:.

Well then far be it from me to put thoughts in your head about families of mice scurring across your grill grates at 3:30 in the morning, eating those morsels that fell from that night's dinner :mrgreen:

:ROFLMAO:

You fire it up, you burn it off... it's all good ;)

Well then far be it from me to put thoughts in your head about families of mice scurring across your grill grates at 3:30 in the morning, eating those morsels that fell from that night's dinner :mrgreen:

:ROFLMAO:

You fire it up, you burn it off... it's all good ;)

Thanks A LOT :glare:....anybody in the market for a slightly used gas grill? :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom