Charcoal Grilled Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
CHARCOAL GRILLED RIBS

Loin Back Ribs (AKA Baby Backs)
Your Favorite Rub
1 Cup Vinegar
1 Cup Water

This method of cooking involves loin back ribs grilled over direct heat!! The charcoal fire needs to be ideally 18 inches below the cooking surface! Set up your cooker with a moderately hot fire.

Remove the membrane found on the bone side of the ribs. Do not season! Take the meat to the fire and charcoal grill, mostly bone side down, until the ribs are done. Depending on your fire….60-90 minutes. (These were on for 65 minutes) Or look for 185*-200* range. While grilling, mop frequently with a mop made of 1 cup water, 1 cup vinegar, and 3 Tbls. Or so of your rub. When the ribs are done, mop one final time and liberally sprinkle rub on both sides to taste…Slice into individual portions to serve. Sauce may be served on the side.

YUMMMMM!!!

Did you use a lid, UB, or was this an open grill?

Lee

Miss Lee...The ribs were grilled on this cooker's fire box (right side)
The lid was, up and down, up and down, turning, flipping, basting, etc. especially in the beginning. Toward the latter stages....mostly down.

Last edited:
I could eat that whole plate of those ribs!
I gotta get me one of those cookin' rigs.

Yea, Pacanis, I need one of those too!!

So UB, you deliver?? LOL. It is going to take me all summer long just to try out all the fabulous recipes for ribs here! But that's OK, makes for a well spent summer!!

Back
Top Bottom