Eggplant on the grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone grilled eggplant before, and how was it?

Certain veggies like eggplant, asparagus, zucchini, squash are A-W-E-S-O-M-E grilled.

Cut a regular eggplant into thick(1/2" or so) circles. Brush on some EVOO, salt, pepper and that's it.

Don't leave them on too long or they will get too mushy.

As mentioned above, Ill grill a bunch of eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, along with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. Dice them up, toss them in a bowl with cooked pasta ( like a rigatoni, penne.... , with garlic, olive oil, salt , pepper . Add a few fresh herbs from the garden ( basil, parsley..) mix it all up, and its a great grilled pasta dish

What Jeekins said.
Sometimes when I grow too many veggies to use in time I grill 'em and eat them alone for lunch.
Eggplant and summer squash are my faves!
Larry I'll have to try that over pasta... Thanks!

like they all said, yummm lots of ways. in a salad, with pasta, as a side.

and when grilling season is over, I roast them in the oven.

(I grill tomatoes too, a natural with other grilled veg. Cut in half evoo and seasonings. grill cut side down first for just a min or two, then flip and steady them and give them a good warm through. If the skin chars too much for your liking, squeeze it off.)

We grilled some eggplant and the white zucchini's and they were great..I sprayed some foil with pam then put in the eggplant, added a good measure of evoo, sprinkled it with some grey salt that had garlic and sundried tomatoes in it, gave it a few grinds of black pepper and then added some slices of red onion..closed it up and put it on the grill, did the same with the white zucchini ..MY grandkids devoured the veggies like there was no tomorrow.. I just wish I'd done extras for today...
kadesma:)

I recently purchased this wire meshed fry pan from Williams-Sonoma and have been grilling mixed chopped vegis, including Japanese eggplants on it. Works great.

Here's a photo from their site:

img_645509_0_22e88f2499a85782ed1054f1bedddaee.jpg

Local produce just became readily available here, and this is the absolute best time of year for me to cook. Last nights menu - yellow squash marinated in EVOO and fresh herbs , Asparagus - EVOO w/lemon drizzle - Tomatoes with Asiago and fresh basil, white supersweet corn picked yesterday morning. Fresh blackberries and peaches with whipped cream. So much good produce that the eggplant will have wait until Wednesday. I slice about 3/4 thick, salt, pepper, random herbs, EVOO, All on the grill, none overdone. All except the peaches locally produced. Summer is the best time to be a cooking fool. We'll jave fresh produce until mid September.
And of course, grilled steak. (marinated, cubed, and skewered w/onions last night)

Last edited:
LOL!!!

I wondered about those baskets. I guess WS will be receiving some of my greenbacks this weekend. I'll take anyones advice that can build a brick outdoor kitchen! LOL

GotGarlic, that looks nice and it isn't expensive either. Guess I'll have to ask DH what he wants to get since he runs the grill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom