Ever make pizza on your grill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because the homemade parbaked pizza and calzone that I've reheated / finished baking on a charcoal grill tasted so good, I'm looking forward to making fresh pizza on my grill.

Last edited:
I make my own dough in my bread maker. It's easy. Throw the ingredients in and 90 min later I have fresh dough for the grill. I roll it out, coat with olive oil and toss on the grill for a couple minutes. Then I take it out, flip it over, put the toppings on the cooked side, then back on the grill to finish cooking. No matter what the toppings though, it's got to have a lot of cheese for me!

Whther you make your own dough, buy your dough or use a premade crust, pizza off the grill can't be beat. We don't eat it as much as we like, but I can't remember the last time we got a pizza delivered

img_548376_0_19791546d4c7a8103172ad7678ba0135.jpg

img_548376_1_7d20c4ea9a7a70d91157c26ca649175d.jpg

img_548376_2_086f3204416ec5c8aefe5e88e9200bd7.jpg

img_548376_3_df105ccc1cad090fe45efc342b380423.jpg

Never tried pizza on a grill mainly because I never thought about it. I guess it'd be the same as in an oven.

Never tried pizza on a grill mainly because I never thought about it. I guess it'd be the same as in an oven.

As long as you use a good quality and clean charcoal, you'll get a nice "wood fired" flavor to your pizza, which is hard to duplicate in the oven.

when I make dough

I use a bowl

flour, salt,water, and olive oil.

I knead it in the bowl it seems to go faster.

after it feels like a "baby's bottom" I

oil the bowl turn the dough over cover with plastic wrap

and let it raise.

divide it flatten roll out let raise again.

I didn't read the entire thread so if it's a repost I apologize...BUT

When I bought my Weber it came with a cookbook for grilled pizza. I've made it numerous times using the recipe in the book. The basic idea was to make the dough and cook it on the grill until its considered "ready" using direct heat. Then put on all your sauces and toppings and what not, then throw back ont he grill with indirect heat until the cheese has melted. We had an amazing time doing this, in fact it may be time to break out the old book and do it again!

Back
Top Bottom