First Pizza from the Egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
The results from our first attempt. Unfortunately, the rain started hammering before I could get the temp down for the focaccia, so it went in the oven.

Fontina, pinot noir carmalized onions. Proscuitto and mixed green salad added after the baking.
36788-albums799-picture4898.jpg

Pepperoni
36788-albums799-picture4901.jpg

Meatball (made the meatballs earlier)
36788-albums799-picture4900.jpg

Margherita
36788-albums799-picture4899.jpg

Even though it didn't make it on the Egg, it was in spirit!;)
Focaccia
36788-albums799-picture4897.jpg

Last edited:
Your pizza's look great. Thanks for sharing and passing on some idea's
kades

Mmmmmmm. Pizza. :yum:
They look really good.
Almost makes we want to change dinner plans from Ribeye steak to Pizza. :rolleyes:
No. Just bought the steak a few hours ago so I'll do the pizza later. I hope it turns out as good as yours look. ;) I don't have an egg but a stone in the oven has always given me a good result.

Good job.

You need to get pictures with the egg in them too...

I think he means that he cooked them with the Big Green Egg, BBQ/Grill kettle.:) but then again, I may be misreading your post. The way it's worded, your post could be read - Pizza with egg in the pizza, as in a dough that has egg in it: or, it could be read as a picture with the BGE in the picture. So, you could have written a perfect post, if unclear.

Ah, what the heck, this isn't English class. Hope you have a great day.

Oh, Craigc, your pizza looks really, really great. Thanks for sharing.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Good job.

You need to get pictures with the egg in them too...

I would have, but I was huddled under the patio umbrella and not about to take the camera outside. Later the rain unloaded and that is why the focaccia went in the oven.;)

Craig, how long did you preheat the Egg; at what temperature did you bake the pizza; and how long did you bake it?
What chimney (top vent) and bottom draft control settings did you use?
What type of fuel or charcoal did you use?

Last edited:
I think he means that he cooked them with the Big Green Egg, BBQ/Grill kettle.:)

Ermmm..

Yeah.. that's what I was talkin about...

I would have, but I was huddled under the patio umbrella and not about to take the camera outside. Later the rain unloaded and that is why the focaccia went in the oven.;)

There's always next time.

Has the rain stopped? :LOL:

Dome temp was 550 F. Fuel was hardwood charcoal and apple ckunks. I allowed 1 hour warm-up with top vent wide open and lower vent at 3/4 open. Once the smoke cleared, I used the daisy-wheel to set at 550 F. I used the plate setter with legs down and a pizza stone on top of it. The gasket got black in places, but did not burn. We pre-baked the crusts (30 seconds each side). Bake time was about 10 minutes with toppings on.

Frank right now, it appears the rain will be with us for the better part of next week. I also can't remember a 4th that it didn't rain!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom