ISO Basic Grilled BBQ Wings & Corn on the Cob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dancer in the kitchen

Senior Cook
My DH & I purchased a propane grill last summer. Would ya believe he's never grilled before?:ohmy: We've cooked the basics (i.e., burgers, steaks, etc.), but now we want to expand. This site has given me a lot of ideas & some awesome sounding recipes that I can't wait to try. :) Unless I missed it somewhere, I didn't see how long to cook basic BBQ wings. I did see one recipe for grilled corn on the cob from Raine (LOTS of great recipes! Thanks for posting them! :flowers: )

So . . . I'm open for suggetions & standing by with utensils in hand! :chef:

Iam a wing lover, I season my wings with a a little oil (toss in bowl) then season with s&p, garlic powder, what every is your liking. Put on med high heat, after your grill has been preheated for about 10-15 mins. Put wing on, and don't turn for at least ten mins. unless you have flare ups, turn and cook another 10-15 mins. Depending on there size. Put your BBQ sauce on the last five mins or so. I ike when they get a little charred. As long as the juices run clear , they are done! Eat !

Don't do too many wings, but love to do veggies - all kinds on the grill. This is what I do -

Pour a little oil on a sheet pan (adding whatever herbs or spices you prefer or nothing) , raid the frig to see what veggies are on hand. Zucchini, bell peppers, green onions, dry onions (cut thick and push a pick thru horizontally to keep together), mushrooms, potatoes (sweet or white), corn, any you have.

Now, you can go two ways, either toss what veggies you have in the oil and put all on the grill, turning and taking off when each is done and keep in a warm oven. Or, start grilliing the veggies that take the longest and work down to the quick ones. Either way works - and they are just wonderful.

You and your husband are going to have so much fun this summer!!!

Take fresh ears and remove the silk, but not the husk. I like to soak the ears in beer for a few hours, but apple juice will do, fine, too. Remove the ears from the soaking pot, shake off the excess from the husks and then grill for 5 minutes per side.

Pull the husks down but not off and tie in a bow for a ready made handle.

Barb L. said:
Iam a wing lover, I season my wings with a a little oil (toss in bowl) then season with s&p, garlic powder, what every is your liking. Put on med high heat, after your grill has been preheated for about 10-15 mins. Put wing on, and don't turn for at least ten mins. unless you have flare ups, turn and cook another 10-15 mins. Depending on there size. Put your BBQ sauce on the last five mins or so. I ike when they get a little charred. As long as the juices run clear , they are done! Eat !

Sounds perfect! Thanks! I like 'em a bit charred too! Best part! Now I just hope the rain they're calling for holds off & we don't get snow again this weekend. YEAH snow! Didn't stick, but was enough to make for a cold weekend! Hampton Roads! Never a dull moment with the weather! :LOL: Thanks for the pointers!

VeraBlue said:
Take fresh ears and remove the silk, but not the husk. I like to soak the ears in beer for a few hours, but apple juice will do, fine, too. Remove the ears from the soaking pot, shake off the excess from the husks and then grill for 5 minutes per side.

Pull the husks down but not off and tie in a bow for a ready made handle.

Apple juice sounds great! Do I soak the cob with the husks over them? And will the cobs keep for a week (b4 soaking)? I have them in the fridge now. And only 5 minutes? Wow, I'll give it a shot. :chef: Thanks much!

Dancer in the kitchen said:
Apple juice sounds great! Do I soak the cob with the husks over them? And will the cobs keep for a week (b4 soaking)? I have them in the fridge now. And only 5 minutes? Wow, I'll give it a shot. :chef: Thanks much!

Yes, leave the husks on during soaking. Yes, they'll keep, but the older the corn is since picking, the tougher the kernels will be.

On the corn, Vera, said 5 mins per side - (4 sides), wanted to make this clear for you. I wouldn't keep my corn too long, I take off a few of the outer husks , as long as your corn is covered my some husks it will be fine. The sooner you cook it after you buy it, the better it will be. Good Luck and lets us know how it turns out !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom