Peaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
I grilled some peaches this past weekend and wow! They were great tasting!

1A6.jpg

1A7R.jpg

1A8R.jpg

Don't forget to try Flora B's peach cream pie recipe that I posted if you have too many peaches. I'm jealous--the peaches here are still too hard...but when I get to MN, I'm making peach cream pie!

That does look good!
We lived on a farm with over 40 peach trees when I was younger, darn I miss that place :(
It was so nice to pick juicy peaches straight from the tree and eat them on the spot. Nothing like the store bought peaches.

I have never heard of grilling peaches! What is the process?

I have never heard of grilling peaches! What is the process?

I use very ripe freestone/clear seed type peaches. The stones are easily removed. Cut them in half and place them on a hot grill for 5-6 minutes. Flip them over and fill the seed hole with a mixture of softened butter and brown sugar,then leave them for 5-6 minute more. Remove and let cool a bit. Great alone or with Vanilla Bean Icecream!:chef:

We have similar avatars. Mine is a crown roast of pork tenderloin, while yours is a wonderful looking rack. Has nothing to do with the thread, but just thought it was pretty cool.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I shall have to try these when bonfire night rolls round - they sound like the perfect companion for toffee apples. What a night it's going to be!!

Back
Top Bottom