Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Pizza (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
I did this on Friday:

Crust:

3/4 cup warm water (105-115)
1 pkg yeast
1tsp sugar
EVOO, divided
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt

Toppings:

Alfredo sauce
1 lb thick sliced roast beef, cut into small strips 1"x1/2" and
soaked in hot Au Jus
1 green pep chopped
1 yellow onion chopped
Thinly shredded mozzarella

In measuring cup or small bowl combine water, yeast and sugar.Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp EVOO.

Meanwhile, lightly oil large bowl; set aside. In another large bowl combine flour and salt (I like to add a little garlic and rosemary at this point). Stir in yeast mixture until rough dough forms.

On lightly floured surface knead dough until smooth and elastic, 7-8 minutes. Place in oiled bowl; cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a ball.

Meanwhile, prepare grill for indirect heat. Roll or gently stretch 1 dough ball into 10"-12" circle. Quickly transfer to grill over direct heat. Lightly brush top of dough with EVOO; cook 2 minutes. Using tongs. flip dough over onto indirect heat. Spread Alfredo sauce over crust, sprinkle with about half cup of shredded mozz, add onions, peppers and roast beef, top with disired amount of mozz. Cook until bottom of crust is golden brown. Enjoy!

Notes: I precooked the onions and peppers as grilled pizza cooks very quickly, keep a close eye on it. The mozz should melt by the time the crust is thoroughly cooked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom