Quick and easy "grilled, not smoked" baby back ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This recipe came from Adam Perry Lang who was on the Today Show the other day. I have added a link to the recipe with a video on how to prepare it. In the video he said to cook the ribs on the BBQ grill for 1 hour before baking them, when the recipe says 10 minutes. I did it for about 20 minutes and felt it was long enough because the meat just fell off the bones.
Enjoy! Debbie

Wings, baby back ribs for a backyard BBQ - TODAY Grilling Guide 2008 - MSNBC.com

Quick and easy "grilled, not smoked" baby back ribs

img_626375_0_37e3cc5a5558bd8f13bfad136a9bb40e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can boil the ribs first, then grill them, which should take less time and serve

with bbq sauce or other sauce of your choice.

You can boil the ribs first, then grill them, which should take less time and serve

with bbq sauce or other sauce of your choice.

I used to boil my ribs first also. What makes this recipe and why I wanted to share it, was the rub and grilling them before baking. It gave them a great flavor, better then boiling them and just as tender. The flavor goes all the way into the meat.

I made these last night and I have to say that they are the moistest ribs I have ever had. I can cook tender ribs, but these things were downright juicy! Probably from the quick sear and then immediately into the foil.
To parallel the recipe's sweetness, I went with straight Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to finish them with.
This method is going into my rib arsenal.

I made these last night and I have to say that they are the moistest ribs I have ever had. I can cook tender ribs, but these things were downright juicy! Probably from the quick sear and then immediately into the foil.
To parallel the recipe's sweetness, I went with straight Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to finish them with.
This method is going into my rib arsenal.

Yes, they turn out very moist. I know I will be making these again for my family. By the way, good choice in BBQ sauce. I used the Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle on mine. Love this stuff. Debbie

Those look very very good. I just love ribs. Will try this. Thanks!

Yes, they turn out very moist. I know I will be making these again for my family. By the way, good choice in BBQ sauce. I used the Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle on mine. Love this stuff. Debbie

I love Sweet Baby Rays, haven't tried the honey Chipotle yet but sounds good. I always did mine the same way you did yours Blue, but this does sound good. Basically getting a good sear on, then baking in the oven till full cooked it sounds like.

I love Sweet Baby Rays, haven't tried the honey Chipotle yet but sounds good. I always did mine the same way you did yours Blue, but this does sound good. Basically getting a good sear on, then baking in the oven till full cooked it sounds like.

The Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle has a little kick to it, you should try it. I can't find it in all the stores so you may have to hunt for it.

The rub and the good sear along with the apple juice, butter and honey makes the ribs so moist.

This looks like a great recipe thanks for sharing I will be trying it out this weekend.

So there is a discrepancy between video and written recipe ? What your saying is on the video he states grill before baking for 1 hr and the recipe states grill before baking for 10 minites per side, but you grilled for 20 minutes per side and found that to be perfect. Do I understand that correctly ?

Thanks for your help :chef:

I think it really depends on your grill, Quint.
I grilled mine maybe for 10 minutes/side. Long enough to get a sear and some grill marks.

This looks like a great recipe thanks for sharing I will be trying it out this weekend.

So there is a discrepancy between video and written recipe ? What your saying is on the video he states grill before baking for 1 hr and the recipe states grill before baking for 10 minites per side, but you grilled for 20 minutes per side and found that to be perfect. Do I understand that correctly ?

Thanks for your help :chef:

I grilled mine for 20 minutes, 10 minutes each side. Just grill them until they look good like pacanis said. Not to fast though.

Thanks pacanis for helping out and the photo. Makes me want ribs again.

I sure wish baby backs were cheaper. I'd have them more often :(
This cooking method has defnitely become my primary cooking method. Maybe next time a little cumin in the rub and liquid smoke in the pouch to see if I can emulate two hours of smoking on indirect heat. Make 'em taste like they took five hours instead of three :LOL:

LOL. I met a guy at the grocery store yesterday that stopped me from buying Goya Adobo and instead told me to buy La Criolla Adobo, so the next time I do ribs they are getting an adobo dry rub on em as promised to him!

I sure wish baby backs were cheaper. I'd have them more often :(
This cooking method has defnitely become my primary cooking method. Maybe next time a little cumin in the rub and liquid smoke in the pouch to see if I can emulate two hours of smoking on indirect heat. Make 'em taste like they took five hours instead of three :LOL:

I wish they were cheaper too. I was lucky and found mine on sale last week. I like the idea of the cumin and liquid smoke. Two of my favorite things to use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom