Short ribs--First time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are two different products.
Soda is that clear stuff that fizzes and you cut liquor with.
Ask anyone around here ;) If you ordered a soda at a restaurant they'd ask you if you wanted a twist with it.

rib popsicles

It was suggested to me before to cook them like a roast, but I had barbeque sauce on my mind and held off cooking any until now.
When you do them in a crockpot with sauce, did you ever put them in frozen? I'm wondering how that would come out if I wanted to do some, but didn't take them out of the freezer.

i guess u could put them in frozen. probably slow the cooking process down though. u could thaw in microwave and then put them in pot with sauce.

babe

i guess u could put them in frozen. probably slow the cooking process down though. u could thaw in microwave and then put them in pot with sauce.

babe

Thanks babe. I wasn't sure about that slow warm up period or whatever. I semi-remember reading something here before about doing a chicken in a crockpot,,,, :ermm: Can't remember whether it was OK or not.
It just seems like it would be rather convenient to toss in the frozen ribs, dump some sauce on them, maybe a sliced onion and then go about your business for 6-7 hours, then toss them on the grill or whatever when you want to eat to color them up.

I don't like using the microwave to thaw meats. They always come out like they're partially cooked and smell a little "different".

Thanks babe. I wasn't sure about that slow warm up period or whatever. I semi-remember reading something here before about doing a chicken in a crockpot,,,, :ermm: Can't remember whether it was OK or not.
It just seems like it would be rather convenient to toss in the frozen ribs, dump some sauce on them, maybe a sliced onion and then go about your business for 6-7 hours, then toss them on the grill or whatever when you want to eat to color them up.

I don't like using the microwave to thaw meats. They always come out like they're partially cooked and smell a little "different".

i agree about thawing in micro. i never do it either for the reasons u stated. so worth while to thaw in fridg. as long as u know it would add about an hour cooking time, go ahead and start them frozen.

babe

I have done it in the crockpot covered in BBQ sauce, love em that way. I have never popped em in frozen, I heard somewhere that it wouldn't turn out as tender or the sauce would not thicken up properly.
Honestly I don't know though. My favorite way is to put a dry rub on em and slow cook on low heat until tender, then smother in BBQ sauce and cook on high heat in the oven for a brief time, just enough to sort of caramelize the BBQ sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom