Smoked Pork Loin on a gas grill.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
A pork loin is a real bargain for lean protein at $1.49 lb., about half the price of hamburger.

Thought I'd pass on what I did with our 4 lb. loin tonight.

I brined it overnight in a simple brine of 1/4 cup Kosher salt, 2 tbs. brown sugar, 1 Tbs. liquid smoke and 4 cups of water. This morning I rinsed it well and used silicone bands for a consistent shape. No further salt needed but I seasoned it with this. We loaded the Vsmoker box with oak chips and cooked it low and slow on the closed gas grill with the roast on the warming rack over the smoker. I wouldn't want to do this without a probe thermometer like this one, and the target temp was 135 degrees when it was removed to rest. The temp came up to a perfect 149 degrees by the time the marinated pineapple spears were finished.

Very easy to do. It was juicy and delicious, and a wonderful meal.

Attachments

• PA010011[1].jpg
    PA010011[1].jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 280
  • PA010012[1].jpg
    PA010012[1].jpg
    63 KB · Views: 304
  • PA010014[1].jpg
    PA010014[1].jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 296
  • PA010015[1].jpg
    PA010015[1].jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 298
That looks delicious...

Its been 8 years since I've had a real grill and its posts such as this that brings back how much I miss mine..

Ross

That looks delicious...

Its been 8 years since I've had a real grill and its posts such as this that brings back how much I miss mine..

Ross

Your kids have a house, right? Make them a deal... they buy a good grill, you cook on it and share the food with them. ;)

BTW, KL, pork loin takes on smoke quite well -- a lot like white meat chicken. It cooks fast, but absorbs smoke well enough to make up for the short cooking time. Nice looking loins.. um, the pork, that is. :angel:

CD

Your kids have a house, right? Make them a deal... they buy a good grill, you cook on it and share the food with them. ;)

BTW, KL, pork loin takes on smoke quite well -- a lot like white meat chicken. It cooks fast, but absorbs smoke well enough to make up for the short cooking time. Nice looking loins.. um, the pork, that is. :angel:

CD
They do and we do... :)

Ross

CD

Casey as you see, I added 1 Tbs. of liquid smoke to the brine and it seemed to be just the right amount. The subtle flavor permeated the meat and the oak wood from the smoke box did the rest.

Thanks so much to all of you for the nice words, they are really appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom