Sweet And Savory Grilled Mahi Mahi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
It's best to use fresh ginger with this recipe. I keep my fresh ginger root in the freezer and pull it out when needed. This marinade would work well with other fish.
Enjoy! Debbie

SWEET AND SAVORY GRILLED MAHI MAHI

img_615202_0_b6bb7fffdad58d5861ba5bf795839eca.jpg

4 MAHI MAHI; Fillets.
3 tablespoon(s) BROWN SUGAR
1/4 cup(s) WATER
2 tablespoon(s) SOY SAUCE
1 tablespoon(s) BALSAMIC VINEGAR
2 teaspoon(s) GINGER; Root, Grated.
1 tablespoon(s) GARLIC; Pressed Or Finely Chopped.
1 teaspoon(s) OLIVE OIL
1/8 teaspoon(s) SALT
1/8 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
_____

In a re-sealable bag or glass dish, mix together the brown sugar, water, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Add fish and place in refrigerate for 25 minutes to marinate.
Remove fish from bag and place on a greased BBQ grill.
Grill fish until done and fish flakes easily with a fork.
_____

Gosh, I'll take 2, please. Thank you very much.
Oh, yum, yum, yum. This is a keeper.
Love fish and if I could, I'd make the day longer just so I could have a 4th meal just for fish.

CharlieD, I agree.... My son loves it also, even my husband that does not like fish very much at all. My husband says this tasted more like chicken. He would have had another piece last night if there was one. I was shocked.

LOL quicksilver, You might want to make extra because this fish turns out moist and delicious.

I'm half tempted to cook that walleye filet I got yesterday this way..... I would only need the ginger root.
That looks really good, Debbie.

hmmmm, maybe more than half....

That's a pretty tasty marinade.

Attachments

• walleye.jpg
    walleye.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 256
No biggie.... I wasn't looking for a response ;)

Have you used this marinade with anything else? I've got a piece of ginger root in my freezer I need to use up and don't eat fish that often :)
I had to clean my freezer out the other day and it took me a while to remember what it even was. I was thinking... what the H did I freeze here? :LOL:

that looks good! Just bought some Tilapia on sale today. I usually only buy what is on sale. Hubby likes to be economical .

pacanis, I have been there also when I go to clean out my freezer so you are not alone. Debbie

LadyCook61, Thanks...I hope you enjoy the fish. Debbie

Back
Top Bottom